• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an angry weekwacker.

We all have our own unique tastes I guess. Some prefer German, others Italian, you have your Japanese enthusiasts. In this case.....it’s aisle twelve at Home Depot.

Never thought I’d consider an exhaust like this at age 35 in truth.

Edit: to be fair, that last video featured equal length headers so I am not surprised by your take. Below is the same exhaust with the famous unequal length headers.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've noticed people doing this for perpendicular parking spots too. If I park my car so it's perfectly centered between the two lines, it's not uncommon for someone to park next to me so closely that they're on the line even if they have an empty spot or lots of space on the other side of their car. I can only guess that these people don't use the lines as references, but the car itself. It's sorta annoying too.

good news is my garage is re painting and it's with the center dividing space as well, hopefully at least people can "try" to follow that...

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think you are Miami...do you have a barge for the cars when the Atlantic cleans out Miami?
I’d make a joke about being long dead when that happens, but we’ve come decently close in the last 3 years

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We all have our own unique tastes I guess. Some prefer German, others Italian, you have your Japanese enthusiasts. In this case.....it’s aisle twelve at Home Depot.

Never thought I’d consider an exhaust like this at age 35 in truth.

Edit: to be fair, that last video featured equal length headers so I am not surprised by your take. Below is the same exhaust with the famous unequal length headers.

That sounds better. I feel like Subarus around me always run decatted with obnoxious raspy exhausts that sound crazy loud even in stop and go traffic.

Volume of exhaust is fine, I just hate loud for loudness sake.

Header length makes a huge difference, look at the GT350 flat plane vs a Ferrari flat plane. GT350 has uneven headers to make a more muscle car sound.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Were you parking on the street? Seems to me, so long as you have a decent parking situation, owning a car in NYC (beyond the expense) is not measurably worse for the car than anywhere else. I just drive really slow over potholes.
If you are street parking in the winter the snow and salt is going to destroy it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
LOL @ self parkers.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds better. I feel like Subarus around me always run decatted with obnoxious raspy exhausts that sound crazy loud even in stop and go traffic.

Volume of exhaust is fine, I just hate loud for loudness sake.

Header length makes a huge difference, look at the GT350 flat plane vs a Ferrari flat plane. GT350 has uneven headers to make a more muscle car sound.

I agree, I too dislike loud for the sake of loud. With this exhaust I like how it unleashes that famous Boxxer Rumble. It’s like taking the gloves off Mike Tyson. I was at Walmart recently and there was this riced up Civic with an exhaust so loud it made my head hurt, and he was only pacing with traffic.

Speaking of Ferrari we had a California demo car that my GM would routinely use for personal use. It was fitted with a Tubi full exhaust. It only took one day for him and everyone at our dealer to unanimously vote to remove it for the stock option. Upon gassing it up my neck would ache just from the sheer sound.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, I too dislike loud for the sake of loud. With this exhaust I like how it unleashes that famous Boxxer Rumble. It’s like taking the gloves off Mike Tyson. I was at Walmart recently and there was this riced up Civic with an exhaust so loud it made my head hurt, and he was only pacing with traffic.

Speaking of Ferrari we had a California demo car that my GM would routinely use for personal use. It was fitted with a Tubi full exhaust. It only took one day for him and everyone at our dealer to unanimously vote to remove it for the stock option. Upon gassing it up my neck would ache just from the sheer sound.

I think if there is a silencer so you don't piss off your neighbors, its not too bad. Just make sure you don't drive like a jerk around your neighborhood. In our development, there is basically a bounty out on one guy with of course a WR blue WRX wagon, who loves to go drifting through our neighborhood, at all hours of the day and night when our roads are wet or have snow. He has an extremely loud exhaust, giving people a "heads up" when he will be blasting through the neighborhood. So a few people have set up cameras etc. ready to get his "Plate" and video of him drifting, and they will be turning the video over to the police once they capture it.

Yes, I have known more than one Fcar owner that bought a Tubi, only to put it up for sale after a very short period. I like an exhaust that sounds nice, and chose the sport exhaust options for the Cayman and our MB C43...but there is enhancing a sound vs. being so obnoxiously loud to the point of giving yourself a headache, annoying everyone around you, and potentially damaging your hearing.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm looking at importing a GTI TCR axle-back for the sounds while hopefully staying relatively quiet (especially in the car on the highway).

People have been getting Golf Clubsport S muffler's imported from Latvia, but the tip spacing is wrong for later year GTIs...but early reports suggest that the new TCR exhausts are the same thing except with proper OEM fitment for mk7.5 GTIs.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if there is a silencer so you don't piss off your neighbors, its not too bad. Just make sure you don't drive like a jerk around your neighborhood. In our development, there is basically a bounty out on one guy with of course a WR blue WRX wagon, who loves to go drifting through our neighborhood, at all hours of the day and night when our roads are wet or have snow. He has an extremely loud exhaust, giving people a "heads up" when he will be blasting through the neighborhood. So a few people have set up cameras etc. ready to get his "Plate" and video of him drifting, and they will be turning the video over to the police once they capture it.

Yes, I have known more than one Fcar owner that bought a Tubi, only to put it up for sale after a very short period. I like an exhaust that sounds nice, and chose the sport exhaust options for the Cayman and our MB C43...but there is enhancing a sound vs. being so obnoxiously loud to the point of giving yourself a headache, annoying everyone around you, and potentially damaging your hearing.

I can assure you that I am the last person who would do anything close to that. Last thing I want is to make a neighborhood feel unsafe. That’s why I am concerned about noise pollution in the early AM hours. The silencer seems like a great idea, just sucks you gotta drill into the fresh Titanium. Your local Ken Block wannabe sounds like a real douchebag.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Do you guys think this is too loud? Wondering how early monrning cold starts are going to play out in my NJ urban town. It’s sold with a silencer that you can remove after warm up. It’s my favorite exhaust so far, but also pretty pricey at around a grand

I keep telling you, The Tomei sounds garbage. It maybe has something to do with the wall thickness of the tubing. and the acoustic nature of Titanium.
Just bad.
and i have absolutely no idea why people would want one.
-well, unless you are a youtuber that does "unboxing" videos. or are building a track car that truly needs the weight save. Totally not fit for a street Car.

Subaru's should sound like a Cat purring at idle, and a roar at full tilt.settling into a purr again at cruising rpm. something the Tomei doesn't offer.

Please pay attention to this: I hear Subaru's daily. with all brands of exhausts. HKS,Trust,Sti genome,Blitz, etc.
and they generally all sound different. Subaru's are the Car of choice around here.
Nobody is putting an Expreme on their car.

But if you want to put a thin walled Titanium exhaust on your street Car? it's your money. and ear drums.

Last edited:

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep telling you, The Tomei sounds garbage. It maybe has something to do with the wall thickness of the tubing. and the acoustic nature of Titanium.
Just bad.
and i have absolutely no idea why people would want one.
-well, unless you are a youtuber that does "unboxing" videos. or are building a track car that truly needs the weight save. Totally not fit for a street Car.

Subaru's should sound like a Cat purring at idle, and a roar at full tilt.settling into a purr again at cruising rpm. something the Tomei doesn't offer.

Please pay attention to this: I hear Subaru's daily. with all brands of exhausts. HKS,Trust,Sti genome,Blitz, etc.
and they generally all sound different. Subaru's are the Car of choice around here.
Nobody is putting an Expreme on their car.

But if you want to put a thin walled Titanium exhaust on your street Car? it's your money. and ear drums.

Like I said in my first reveal post about this exciting new journey I am on. That was the exhaust that led me to the decision to do a complete 180 degrees on the STI. It’s more then an exhaust, it’s a feeling that it invokes to me.

To quote Emerson: “Beauty without expression is boring”.

If I need to explain what that means to you, then I think that would demean the quote, as with everything, it depends on the person. So that is all that I will say. But if I could offer you a clue as to what it means to me, that might be why I am so passionate about bright red classic Ferrari’s styled by Pininfarina & Scaglietti

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I was driving home from work and floored it on the freeway. My car drops a couple of gears and then my check engine light comes on. When I press my gas pedal my car starts jerking so I keep my engine under 2000rpm as I drive home. When I get home I restart my car and the CEL turns off. I take it out for a drive and everything is normal again. Anyone know what happened to my car?

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Limp-home mode activated and then reset? Had that in my X5 once due to a sensor brainfart.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I was driving home from work and floored it on the freeway. My car drops a couple of gears and then my check engine light comes on. When I press my gas pedal my car starts jerking so I keep my engine under 2000rpm as I drive home. When I get home I restart my car and the CEL turns off. I take it out for a drive and everything is normal again. Anyone know what happened to my car?
German electronics happened. Though I’d pull over immediately if my car went into limp and restarted it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics