• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So with BMW dead to me, where’s a guy to go for a true four-seat sports car like daily driver? Hope that the RS6 avant isn’t phenomenally expensive?
E63S > M5C for exhaust and engine noise alone. They're both grest cars, both depreciate like crazy.

If you're cool with going smaller, then RS3 or C63. I can't think of another sport sedan in that segment without going to Panamera or AMG GT63S, but those are mid-100s spec'd out right.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My 2016 C63S AMG was cheaper to finance than lease for monthly payments.
Uh yeah. That’s not good at all.

Re: M5C, it’s probably the best Looking BMW now along with the M8. But isn’t all that much fun to drive although BMW let me drag race it a few times at an M event and I made myself motion sick. But pure acceleration got old.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Mercedes a fine option, especially with the new displays/interiors. I know we’ve extensively went over how AMG’s are terrible to lease. How terrible is it, exactly?

A $110k M5 with discounts, trunk money and multiple security deposits could probably be leased from $1200-1400 a month with zero down/36 mos. wonder how much you could realistically talk a MB dealer down for an equivalently priced E63??
Two years ago when it was time to renew the douchemobile the AMGs were in the low 40s for residual and the money factor was stupid high, like 7.5% interest.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So Hroi goes full Porsche stable except for the McLaren? What about an S8 or RS7?
I’m somewhat tearfully hanging onto the E46 M3 as a reminder of BMW at its peak. Other than that, over the next two years i’ll need two daily drivers for wife and i. We’ll see what’s on offer in 2021. Wife loves crossovers but i wonder if i can convince her to go for an Avant.
Two years ago when it was time to renew the douchemobile the AMGs were in the low 40s for residual and the money factor was stupid high, like 7.5% interest.
On a $100k+ MSRP vehicle? That is beyond terrible. Back of the envelope, that’s like a $2500+ payment

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Well, if you consolidate Subies and manage to stop yourself from fucking with the Forester any further (it looks good as it is, but i know - this kind of advice is rich, coming from me)...you can throw all your time and funding into your wife’s flex car.

Japan has got to be the best country to choose a project car from...all these obscure fantastic automobiles. I’m thinking you should set her up in a Century or Eunos Cosmo
That is the plan. go from 3 Subies to 2.then to 1. (I still have the legacy to daily, and will pass it on to a new home when the Forester is done.)

plans for the Forester? basically just the driveline swap.
I'll have a Bro clean up some scratches, and repaint the hood scoop. also replace the plastic side wind/rain shields and new headlights. just clean.

I'll Drop the height by putting in Gc8 Coilovers.
Wheels? I got a set of Work Emotion CR Kai's, and a set of Enkei for Syms that could be resprayed. Tires could be Nitto's? so. . . cheap shoes.

It's a matter of using what i got. and not having to buy much to make it happen.

Thanks. it really is a stellar example of the make and model.
-with a little work.

It can all start when we find it's replacement. My wife is not an enthusiast. so anything cool or quirky is out. (Boo)

On Monday we stopped at the Nissan Dealership. to look at a "Caspian Blue"
X-Trail Autech edition.

Other options are: Volvo V90,Subaru Levorg Sti,Mini Clubman,Honda Vezel,Subaru XV,and FJ Cruiser.

*Shrug*

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uh yeah. That’s not good at all.

Re: M5C, it’s probably the best Looking BMW now along with the M8. But isn’t all that much fun to drive although BMW let me drag race it a few times at an M event and I made myself motion sick. But pure acceleration got old.
Well now there is still M8GC Comp coming...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone going to Great Marques Concours d'Elegance on Long Island this weekend?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, won't be there. However, there is a big car event in Newport the week of October 3-6th. I believe it will be at one of the Newport Mansions, and there will be a driving event for the concours entrants one day, a concert one night, a Gala event, a PCA concours on the Saturday, and the main concours event on Sunday. It is being run by the Audrain Auto Museum and I believe may be Jay Leno is involved in it also. I'm serving at a judge for the PCA concours and attending the main concours event on Sunday. I think with it being a few days, they are trying to make it like the week leading up to concours at Pebble Beach.

Beckwith

Reaction score
I have been in the past. Very nice setting and strong showing of cars. I will admit, not same caliber but I prefer the one held a the Americana, where the parking lot is nicer than the "show" cars.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm serving at a judge for the PCA concours and attending the main concours event on Sunday. I think with it being a few days, they are trying to make it like the week leading up to concours at Pebble Beach.
Hey @Dino944 , how often does your PCA chapter do rallies and non-track driving events?

I kinda feel this is the one area where Gold Coast is kinda lacking, but i wonder if other chapters are any different

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.