• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone see the new LR Defender? I have a RRS and LR4 (8 cylinder), both of which (especially the latter) I love a lot. The new Defender, not feeling it, but I usually take time to warm up to change!

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone see the new LR Defender? I have a RRS and LR4 (8 cylinder), both of which (especially the latter) I love a lot. The new Defender, not feeling it, but I usually take time to warm up to change!

I'm not loving it at all

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like the boxy style of the old Defender is what made it so interesting. The G-Wagen has continued that style but the new Defender looks a little soft.

How is LR reliability these days? Haven't heard a lot of complaints but I don't know anyone with a LR product.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is LR reliability these days? Haven't heard a lot of complaints but I don't know anyone with a LR product.

A buddy traded his wife's Q5 in for LR about a year ago and he and his wife hated it. The thing had all sorts of quality control issues, the dealer was basically incapable if fixing them and really didn't care. In less than a year they traded it for a BMW.

About 10-15 years ago he had a Range Rover Sport that was at least trouble free for the first 2-3 years.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Range Rover Sport has been relatively bulletproof. Mind you, I've only put 8,000 miles on it in 18 months. But still, so far so good.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, the rest of the design does look quite good. Lines are coherent, no ugly or dissonant features other than the grill. The front clip is enough to ruin the entire design for me, though. BMW constantly claims that customers say that BMW’s aren’t ‘distinctive enough’ so these grills are the solution to that problem. I keep wondering, who are these people who think this looks good??

Well if you ask me this was better than E39 to E60..., maybe take a LCI for it to look truly good...

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So with BMW dead to me, where’s a guy to go for a true four-seat sports car like daily driver? Hope that the RS6 avant isn’t phenomenally expensive?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So with BMW dead to me, where’s a guy to go for a true four-seat sports car like daily driver? Hope that the RS6 avant isn’t phenomenally expensive?

E63S? You'd have choice between sedan or wagon and you could find one with <10K miles so someone else takes the depreciation hit.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mercedes a fine option, especially with the new displays/interiors. I know we’ve extensively went over how AMG’s are terrible to lease. How terrible is it, exactly?

A $110k M5 with discounts, trunk money and multiple security deposits could probably be leased from $1200-1400 a month with zero down/36 mos. wonder how much you could realistically talk a MB dealer down for an equivalently priced E63??

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mercedes a fine option, especially with the new displays/interiors. I know we’ve extensively went over how AMG’s are terrible to lease. How terrible is it, exactly?

A $110k M5 with discounts, trunk money and multiple security deposits could probably be leased from $1200-1400 a month with zero down/36 mos. wonder how much you could realistically talk a MB dealer down for an equivalently priced E63??
My 2016 C63S AMG was cheaper to finance than lease for monthly payments.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what's wrong with BMW M5C (look about as subtle as the current line up going to)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads