• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
VW makes your standard economy fare then weird models like the CC, Eos, Beetle, and the Atlas like you mentioned. Why not make more SUVs which people buy in droves.

I actually think I see more Tiguans on the road than anything else. I believe it has beaten out the Jetta as their biggest seller for a while now. They have some more crossover models in the pipeline (including the ridiculous convertible option).

Beetle and Golf are dead next year in the US, as are the wagons--GTI stays. I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see the Golf return after the new mk8 generation comes out even though they haven't announced plans to do so.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Why is the Atlas weird? It seems like any other large SUV to me.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seemed like it came out of left field. I guess VW has been making Audi for quite a while so it made sense to make a VW 3-row vehicle. Maybe I am just giving VW a hard time and all companies have something weird.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Seemed like it came out of left field. I guess VW has been making Audi for quite a while so it made sense to make a VW 3-row vehicle. Maybe I am just giving VW a hard time and all companies have something weird.

They sell more Atlas then the entire Golf family and almost the same volume as the Passat by units, so the revenue/GP must be outsized for that.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They sell more Atlas then the entire Golf family and almost the same volume as the Passat by units, so the revenue/GP must be outsized for that.

I hardly ever see an Atlas on the road. Where are they selling these things?

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had to do a double take first time I saw one. Awesome looking ride.

2C4E04B2-3293-49FF-8A91-A0976A214F43.jpeg

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hardly ever see an Atlas on the road. Where are they selling these things?

I've seen more than I would expect (although my eye may be trained to spot VWs).

They aren't bad looking, and IIRC, they are fairly well priced for their size. That said, I feel like the early adopters must be crazy buying a brand new VW model in its first year or two. Although it is built on the MQB platform so maybe it isn't such a big reliability risk. Made in the USA too...

Kinda crazy that the most common trims have the same engine as my GTI but are 40% heavier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads