• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Beckwith

Reaction score
I have a long range dual motor, and it is fast enough for me. Most test drives done at Tesla are in the P cars, to try an encourage a higher purchase price, after all the upgrade in speed is a software item. The differences from my car to the performance version is painted calipers, slightly lower stance and a spoiler on the back, plus the software. The performance car is otherworldly fast and instant. I have launched mine and the eyes go a little blurry as you are slammed back into the seat.

I’m sure 850 is fast in a straight line, interested in how it feels at the corner though (especially being a convertible)

Anyone test drove Model 3 Performance, seems lots of good review and saw a few guys jump on the BMW forum as well

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have a loud car, who is the poor person for living too close, you or your neighbor? HRoi posted a pic of his 570 in front of his house...if he annoys his neighbor, who has to move?

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Renault's are a different beast entirely. they have low end power. and all the gears/ratios to make speed from the power. imagine a V6 Civic Type R.

you have driven all the cars, what do you think of the hot Renaults?
for me, it was perhaps the most surprising car ever.

That the new one is "king of the ring"? really not surprised.
Never claimed to have driven everything, but I have driven more then most simply due to being at the right place right time when we sold off-brand sports cars. Never seen a Renault let alone drive one, not sure they are available in the US.

Texasmade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never claimed to have driven everything, but I have driven more then most simply due to being at the right place right time when we sold off-brand sports cars. Never seen a Renault let alone drive one, not sure they are available in the US.
I read that Nissan basically won’t allow Renault to be sold in the US as long as they have their alliance going.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yay

Prolly will be what brings me back to Porsche after the affair with the racing kiwi. Hopefully the intro timing coincides with the end of my 2-year moratorium on acquisitions

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you have a loud car, who is the poor person for living too close, you or your neighbor? HRoi posted a pic of his 570 in front of his house...if he annoys his neighbor, who has to move?
I go for a lot of early morning weekend drives so the struggle is real. Luckily neighbor is super cool about the whole thing...his little kids do get rides so that is my blatant attempt at peacekeeping.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Toyota dealer just called offering to bring a Supra to me so that I can test drive it.
Possibly the saddest small-time post ever in the history of SF.

What is the difference other than the look?
New generation 911 (992). Hard to say exactly, but the base chassis is almost 200 hundred pounds heavier than the 991. It is also bigger all around. Based on what we’re seeing in the Speedster, this new GT3 will use an evolution of the current naturally aspirated flat-six—with ITBs (yay!) and particulate filters (boo!). Probably 520-550 horsepower. Just enough to mitigate the weight gain and then some. Overall performance will be incrementally better, but likely less nimble and it definitely won’t sound as good. Inside word is that the Motorsport team is doing their best, but the 992 platform is not their ideal starting point.

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.