• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a long range dual motor, and it is fast enough for me. Most test drives done at Tesla are in the P cars, to try an encourage a higher purchase price, after all the upgrade in speed is a software item. The differences from my car to the performance version is painted calipers, slightly lower stance and a spoiler on the back, plus the software. The performance car is otherworldly fast and instant. I have launched mine and the eyes go a little blurry as you are slammed back into the seat.

I’m sure 850 is fast in a straight line, interested in how it feels at the corner though (especially being a convertible)

Anyone test drove Model 3 Performance, seems lots of good review and saw a few guys jump on the BMW forum as well

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Daihatsu + Wrx Turbo =

I think, if they put in 10k. They should ship it to the 'ring.
2.0 would be: LSD,Suspension,Brakes,Tires,and a cage.

That thing looks scary fast.

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have a loud car, who is the poor person for living too close, you or your neighbor? HRoi posted a pic of his 570 in front of his house...if he annoys his neighbor, who has to move?

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Renault's are a different beast entirely. they have low end power. and all the gears/ratios to make speed from the power. imagine a V6 Civic Type R.

you have driven all the cars, what do you think of the hot Renaults?
for me, it was perhaps the most surprising car ever.

That the new one is "king of the ring"? really not surprised.

Never claimed to have driven everything, but I have driven more then most simply due to being at the right place right time when we sold off-brand sports cars. Never seen a Renault let alone drive one, not sure they are available in the US.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do we take him at his word?

5CACE2C3-68FD-4378-B87B-68D6431CB711.jpeg

This was a first for me and what a awesome example:

7001C64D-9692-4356-8BDB-C3E0F7BBA668.jpeg

Love this:

726FC6C5-D9D4-4CD2-A498-3470D0FDE793.jpeg

Only Ferrari of the day, 355 Spider

D1558530-A35E-44AC-B981-8587F8DED484.jpeg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never claimed to have driven everything, but I have driven more then most simply due to being at the right place right time when we sold off-brand sports cars. Never seen a Renault let alone drive one, not sure they are available in the US.
I read that Nissan basically won’t allow Renault to be sold in the US as long as they have their alliance going.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yay

Prolly will be what brings me back to Porsche after the affair with the racing kiwi. Hopefully the intro timing coincides with the end of my 2-year moratorium on acquisitions

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you have a loud car, who is the poor person for living too close, you or your neighbor? HRoi posted a pic of his 570 in front of his house...if he annoys his neighbor, who has to move?
I go for a lot of early morning weekend drives so the struggle is real. Luckily neighbor is super cool about the whole thing...his little kids do get rides so that is my blatant attempt at peacekeeping.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Toyota dealer just called offering to bring a Supra to me so that I can test drive it.

Possibly the saddest small-time post ever in the history of SF.

What is the difference other than the look?

New generation 911 (992). Hard to say exactly, but the base chassis is almost 200 hundred pounds heavier than the 991. It is also bigger all around. Based on what we’re seeing in the Speedster, this new GT3 will use an evolution of the current naturally aspirated flat-six—with ITBs (yay!) and particulate filters (boo!). Probably 520-550 horsepower. Just enough to mitigate the weight gain and then some. Overall performance will be incrementally better, but likely less nimble and it definitely won’t sound as good. Inside word is that the Motorsport team is doing their best, but the 992 platform is not their ideal starting point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads