• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t that type R time quite cheaty (non stock tire/cage etc)?
Not that I could decipher from the video or photos. Do you mean the typical attempt at a manufacturer Ring time? Probably. I heard other manufacturers only fill the tank with enough fuel to get around the track, I wouldn't say "cheaty", after all it is loosely based on an economy car, so some difference has to be made up. Also it's FWD so it's already at a disadvantage. However even then it laid a whooping on 550 HP Lamborghini's, not to mention my personal favorite modern Ferrari, the F430.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Porsche Type 64 goes to auction

First ever Porsche and only of its kind. Arguments over whether it is first Porsche or first “Porsche” are pedantic. Designed, built, and branded as such by Ferdinand Porsche himself in 1939. Moreover, the aesthetic, design, and engineering genetics are obvious even 80 years later. You can clearly see the 356 and 911 coming into form. Provenance is unquestioned.

Even sillier are criticisms over how drivable or enjoyable it is. This is a grail of automotive history.

I’d expect record-breaking bids.

Chris Harris’s perspective (posted earlier):

That auction turned out to be a fiasco...

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That auction turned out to be a fiasco...
Even if that Nazi-Mobile did sell i don’t think we would be seeing “record breaking bids” based on its projection numbers. Even then it’s a far cry away from the King of Auctions, The 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO, which sold for $48.4 Million.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not that I could decipher from the video or photos. Do you mean the typical attempt at a manufacturer Ring time? Probably. I heard other manufacturers only fill the tank with enough fuel to get around the track, I wouldn't say "cheaty", after all it is loosely based on an economy car, so some difference has to be made up. Also it's FWD so it's already at a disadvantage. However even then it laid a whooping on 550 HP Lamborghini's, not to mention my personal favorite modern Ferrari, the F430.
Well Honda specifically said it was a pre-production model, added floating roll cage (ie suppose not adding rigidity) for safety reason then took out back seat and infotainment system to get back to same weight then other things...

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well Honda specifically said it was a pre-production model, added floating roll cage (ie suppose not adding rigidity) for safety reason then took out back seat and infotainment system to get back to same weight then other things...
Like I mentioned above Honda isn’t the only ones doing it, which is why, in the end, I could care less about Ring Times, roll it up and use it as toilet paper.

An interesting read:

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also entered. Looking forward to winning it, selling it, and buying a GT2RS.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I shall win it, sell, and FIRE.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I’m not sure 3 seconds quantifies the use of “choke out” here the same way the Type R (7:43.80) bested the times of such muscle/exotic/supercars times listed below.

View attachment 1225958View attachment 1225959
The Renault's are a different beast entirely. they have low end power. and all the gears/ratios to make speed from the power. imagine a V6 Civic Type R.

you have driven all the cars, what do you think of the hot Renaults?
for me, it was perhaps the most surprising car ever.

That the new one is "king of the ring"? really not surprised.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Only on the Ring though. A regular test drive doesn't count.
But I can't even get a regular one!

Update on my Supra test drive saga: the dealer continues to call me and email me even after I told them I bought a car.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.