• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Not all answers are correct, complete, or responsive.

How do folks feel about CVT? (Continuously variable transmission.)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Forwarded this to my father and let him know that a $65k replacement for his C6 vert is not realistic. According to the chart he will probably end up going with a 2LT, Z51 package, magnetic ride and gps hydraulic lift plus the extra cost for the convertible. About $80k I reckon
I actually think $65k is the sweet spot for this base model. Does he HAVE to have a full droptop or is a targa good enough?

For $65k you get the 1LT with Z51 and that’s all you need...if I’m willing to pay $80k I’d wait for the ZO6.

Or if he is willing to wait until demand’s dies down and Chevy starts putting trunk money into the model, he’d probably get that 2LT for under 70k

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So how far set back from the street would a house need to be in order not to hear an obnoxiously loud car or motorcycle go by? A thousand feet? Half a mile? I guess it's correct to scorn paupers that cannot afford grand estates in the several million plus category.

Just yesterday I had this youth in a Dodge Challenger SRT drive by me with the loudest exhaust I have ever heard in my life, louder then any Ferrari I have been near. Stupidly I had my window open and my ears were hurting for the rest of the day. His neighbors must love him. Sometimes there is a such thing as too loud, I imagine he will have similar hearing issues that @Dino944 acquaintance has.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Few cars compare (for obnoxious noise) to the Harleys ridden by the cadre of dentists, title officers, and chiropractors who routinely buzz through our town on the way up into the Sierra Foothills on the weekend. I can hear them from a mile away as they head up Green Valley Road by the dozens.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Few cars compare (for obnoxious noise) to the Harleys ridden by the cadre of dentists, title officers, and chiropractors who routinely buzz through our town on the way up into the Sierra Foothills on the weekend. I can hear them from a mile away as they head up Green Valley Road by the dozens.

Have you considered not being poor and buying more land?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually think $65k is the sweet spot for this base model. Does he HAVE to have a full droptop or is a targa good enough?

For $65k you get the 1LT with Z51 and that’s all you need...if I’m willing to pay $80k I’d wait for the ZO6.

Or if he is willing to wait until demand’s dies down and Chevy starts putting trunk money into the model, he’d probably get that 2LT for under 70k

He has to have a convertible. Even though he is is in really good shape at his age (upper 70s) he just doesn't have the patience to deal with lugging and stowing the targa in the back.

I know he wants the front lift because of his driveway and that's only available on the 2LT. He might be able to skip the magnetic ride control and the Z51 package though but he'll have to see how the standard suspension feels first

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remember this commercial? Staged or not I like it.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BMW can still make it “proper” they just decided that’s not today. Though real issues with BMW is it’s far behind in the electric car side...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The real answer is ya'll just need a better HOA to control the noise. ;)

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
BMW can still make it “proper” they just decided that’s not today. Though real issues with BMW is it’s far behind in the electric car side...

Can they though? The people running the show are not the same as 20 years ago. Nothing in their current product portfolio is decidedly better than the competition in ride/handling or driving dynamics—in fact, much of it actually lags. Other makers have shown much stronger proficiency at keeping weight down, tuning EPAS for feel, mitigating turbo lag, controlling torque delivery, etc.

The tragedy of BMW is not just that everyone else caught up, but that the company seems to be retreating in the opposite direction.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We’re about 2-3 years away from every single one of them being too old to ride, so hang in there

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
That's a nice size estate to not be able to hear noise audible from a mile away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads