Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Nah, it has to be clear with round orange light to be tacky and ricer. White taillights are fine on some cars while clear tails always looks crap. Love the white tails on Astons.
    [​IMG]

2. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

You don't find the lights on the black f10 tacky and everything looks good on an aston. ;)

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Well I'm not defending the F10, never really liked the 5-series much either and I can actually see the orange light housing inside, the Porsche doesn't even have the orange tint from the bulbs so I'm cool with the Porsches.

4. A Y

A Y Senior member

Anyone remember the E46 hatchback?

[​IMG]

Yeah, those lights are stock. :uhoh:

5. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

omfg.

I've never seen that before. I'm glad i haven't.

6. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

lol, the E46 compact was a very non-American, very awkward point in BMW design. I poo pooed the M coupe parking lights but the e46 compact - that whole car was lol. On the other hand, the E36 compact was a very unsung hero and had a few charm points, back when BMW wasn't afraid to have a bit of fun - pioneered the BMW Cali ragtop (later appeared on the Mini) and you could get it with the M3 aero (and more importantly, fit 90% of an M3 into the thing) to make a cheap little beasty car. Would still like to have one of those to this day if it were an old-school hybrid, would make an insane daily driver.

7. rocks

rocks Senior member

I need to get my hands on an Evo E30 M3, that black one you posted is killer on the BBS LM's; after all these years, the styling is still better than all its predecessors. I think I will definitely get one of these as my weekend car. Since my next car will more than likely be automatic ( ISF or GSF if they make it).

My ride (jet black sedan), have had this thing for 5 years now, pic was taken in 2008, red center caps has been replaced with the black versions and the oem M3 mirrors have been swapped back to stock.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

[​IMG]

8. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

There's are couple of E36 compacts with M3 engines around here, talk about sleepers.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

My favorite 3-series.

But they won't be making a GSF, they already announced they won't release a GS with a V8 for this generation. I do think the new gen is ugly though, even the FSport version. In it;s class, I'd get the E350, that's not saying much though.
    [​IMG]

10. impolyt_one

Back in the early-mid '90's, the E30 M3 was mostly regarded by BMW people (who were fairly conservative and probably a bit better off than the average BMW owner of today) as ugly and strange looking, and was derided as a boy racer car - the E36 M3 was pretty well-received when it came out, even the 240hp US spec version was like the be-all end-all of BMW's back in 1995.

11. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

looks like an inbred version of the is and es

12. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

I lusted over the E36 M3, as neutered as it was for the US market. I particularly loved the sedan version. The E36 in sedan format was one of the most pleasingly proportioned cars on the road.

No love for today's BMWs. They are so generic luxury-oriented that it's hard to make myself care.

13. impolyt_one

The E36 M3 came out in America at $34,995 - it was a hard bargain back then.

14. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

I remember, and a 328i started in the mid $20's.

Cars were so much more interesting back then.

15. rocks

rocks Senior member

Yep, the Lexus might be odd in looks; however, this new GS is the best handling car in the segment. Heck it even out handled the new BMW 335I in a recent test. Fuck, the looks, if it drives great then that should be enough. Lexus really did something great here, the 535i cannot match its handling prowess. Since BMW does not pay me royalties then I will buy the better drivers car. That and I am sure no woman will deny me pussy for picking this over the bimmer or benz so no worries. I pray they drop the ISF motor in it and this car will be just right for me. Hopefully, they'll give me my wish by 2014.