• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Guess I just have an affinity to round lights

also really like the last old school look Jaguar XJ, my father used to own the Daimler version (called Super V8 in the US?)

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't get why red was the go-to color for calipers. I like yellow on certain colors. Mine are blue, but not that massive.
In the 90’s, red became the go-to accent color for denoting performance and everyone started using it on brake calipers. Then carbon ceramic rotors came into the market and were too expensive to be standard on any car, so a new color was needed to denote something even racier and more upgraded. Not sure who did it first (may have been Porsche), but yellow then became the top dog caliper color.

Red and yellow are used in motorsport all the time (easy to see), so they make sense as performance indicators. But now there are all sorts of random caliper colors around as well. I like the gold/bronze color that AMG uses.

That said, if up to me, I think I’d prefer plain black.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I think Subaru went to black for their Brembos. And gold.

Also prefer simple colours on simple coloured cars.
But the yellow car will be getting a Project Mu kit as it gets back together. So.. Teal blue?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think Subaru went to black for their Brembos. And gold.

Also prefer simple colours on simple coloured cars.
But the yellow car will be getting a Project Mu kit as it gets back together. So.. Teal blue?
Miami Blue or go home.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Red was Brembo’s signature caliper color. And every performance car worth its salt equipped Brembos.

And then the Civic drivers caught on and started Krylon’ing their drum brakes red...

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like 992 owners have the option of speccing their PCCBs with black calipers now (for an extra ~$1k).

And Porsche really needs to announce the 992 GT3 ASAP so I can figure out wtf I'm going to do with the RS (and how much money I'm going to lose in the process).

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Modern Rolls Royce I couldn't agree any more. However 1980/1990's Rolls Royce and it's the opposite for me. This is the other lady in my Dentist's stable, taken care of by yours truly. Although I don't drive it as frequently as the Ferrari, but I have put on some serious miles over the last 12 years. I use to keep the car for at least a week, it was amusing showing up to work with it.

1989 Rolls Royce Silver Spur. Interior is almost brand new. He bought it for his father before he passed, it was his dream car. At well over 6,000 pounds it's no wonder why the mafia loved them; heavy enough to get through anything in its path and quick enough to get away from the scene.

View attachment 1190786
View attachment 1190787View attachment 1190788View attachment 1190789

That body style was in production from Rolls and Bentley for something like 18 years, and I still love it's looks. I like the plaque in the door jam that say, "Rolls Royce Motors, Crewe London." It looks very old school and appropriate on that car. My dad's cousin had the Silver Spurs sibling, a black on black Bentley Turbo R when I was a teenager. That car was pretty badass back in the day.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems like 992 owners have the option of speccing their PCCBs with black calipers now (for an extra ~$1k).

And Porsche really needs to announce the 992 GT3 ASAP so I can figure out wtf I'm going to do with the RS (and how much money I'm going to lose in the process).
You thinking about it too? I’m sticking with the current lineup for 2-3 years and then thinking about trading one car in for a 992 GT3 (hopefully can get Touring), or two cars for a Tributo.

The issue with this plan is that i need to start talking to dealers to get on lists....kinda now

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's interesting to note the duality of a cars performance. Brakes are now a visual thing. Noise from brakes denotes poor performance. An engine is hidden under the hood of the vehicle (or bonnet for you english types). Loud noise from an engine usually denotes high performance (exhaust).

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Side note, Pikachu has a set of Dixcel slotted rotors, and Dixcel Type M pads ready for its current legacy Tokico budget BBK set up.
If BP legacy fits my BE5 RSK calipers?

Chewy is getting treats.

As the yellow car has no time limit, and i guess unlimited funds.

Some collected parts will make it into the daily.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.