Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

You being a current GT3 owner, I can already see you hating it. The new GT3, Turbo, etc... will have the new steering electronic assist as well. I have heard that overall it is for the best and improves the faults of the old 911 but that was exactly what made the old 911 fun to drive, the imperfections.

You have to test drive it yourself to see. For everyday driving and if you just want a 911, the new system might work just fine, especially if they haven't driven a 911 before.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. A Y

A Y Senior member

The electric steering assist is there to improve the car's fuel efficiency. It isn't there to fix anything else.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Well, some people do feel that the 911 steering feel (where almost anything on the road is felt) is an old system or a fault and an imperfection. The steering feels smoother, not exactly light and numb but more "refined".

I can understand where they are coming from and what they are saying, I just happen disagree.

4. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

My lease is coming up on the 997, anyone got some suggestions? Kind of want to get into a R8.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I personally would rather a V8 Vantage over the R8 and save $20k-$50k but you really can't go wrong with either one. If you do go with the R8, inquire about their Audi care maintenance plan. I believe it is $2k-$3k for 4 years but well worth it. It's like BMW Ultimate Service Plan but it's well worth it for a car in that price range.

Have you considered the Maserati Grandturismo MC Stradale or a Jaguar XK RS? Both looks great.

6. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

Mas GT and Jag XKR (even if not the RS) are both amazing vehicles. And we all know I LOVE Astons. You really can't go wrong with any of them (r8 included) but if you can save a substantial amount, it seems like a no brainer.

I think Audi has a plan where you get 4 years additionally to your regular factory warranty (if that's what you were talking about..shit's awesome. Only better one that I checked out would be lexus).

7. A Y

A Y Senior member

That is true. There are complaints about feeling vibration only at certain speeds from very slightly imbalanced tires or wheels.

8. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

Like the Vantage suggestion, I did hear that it's kind of underpowered but it sounds marvelous. As for the GT, I would go S over the MC, I just don't think the extra money is justified. Never did like the XK.

Haven't really gotten into a Vantage yet but I have driven a GT S, one of the best sounding car I've ever heard btw.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I wouldn't say the Vantage V8 is underpowered, it's the same hp range as the Maserati and R8 V8. The R8 should be a few mili-second faster but all are within less than 5 sec in a 0-60 range. Plus yes, that exhaust note is simply orgasmic.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Vantage V8 will be tweaked a bit so if you want to wait to get the new or wait for the new one to come out then the price on the older one should drop a bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

If I didn't need a 4 door this would be my choice, amazing machine

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

I finally saw a 128i in the wild, hadn't seen anyone driving that around before. i think much more exciting variants have been posted here so i won't bother. but i do like the size quite a bit :eek:

13. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

like I said, there's nothing wrong with the R8. a buddy who went to highschool with me bought one and it's great, but there are a lot of other great cars in that class. You won't regret any choice you make regarding Mas, R8, AM, and Jag.

are you going to be getting a convertible or hardtop?

14. Kuki

Kuki Senior member

Quote:
    Hardtop 5.2 most likely. I never really liked soft tops on mid-engined cars

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Quattroporte Sport GT S [​IMG] Rapide [​IMG] Problem solved!