• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
They built that instead of resurrecting the S2000??
:crackup: i could legit read your o_O:crazy::eh::plain:

It's actually a resurrection of the Honda "Beat".
long ago, there was a battle for the fastest tiny car. it was stupid. and awesome. they are re lighting it.

@jbarwick yeah, white cleans up the lines a lot. - a white and black/Carbon?

for real, told the wife tonight. when debts are paid off. i'm having one. just keen to discuss it with you guys. and your opinions/questions.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, apparently there is a waiting list. and the camera angles weren't the best.
it is a stumpy car. to meet regulations. but to me? it's like a CBR600 had naughty times with a Go Kart.
and this? is what you can make out of one.

does this one look better?
http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/HONDA/S660/700040313830181211001/index.html

Reasonably priced and fun to drive, is a combination one doesn't easily find these days. So that is what matters most especially since it is probably aimed at a very young audience.

Meh... even the mods don't seem to help its appearance much. I still find it way to stumpy and not very attractive.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Reasonably priced and fun to drive, is a combination one doesn't easily find these days. So that is what matters most especially since it is probably aimed at a very young audience.

Meh... even the mods don't seem to help its appearance much. I still find it way to stumpy and not very attractive.

oh well, it's not a looker. but it's selling. to dudes like us. in cities with small or no parking.
young people don't want performance. sad.
so guys are giving the wife an SUV. and buying one of these.

Because in Japan, you have to legally register where your car's home spot is. unless it is a "KEI" car. so to have a kei car that whips? is tempting to those who only have one technical parking spot. -occupied by the family hauler.
and considering that we already have 3 cars, my "stupid fun" car needs a free pass.

glad you can see the under the skin merits. not many like it left on the market.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the best view is overhead, I wouldn't buy the car. You generally view a car from the side and some of these cars are getting too angular.

Also why did the designers are Toyota decide the Camry and Avalon needed fakes rear wheel vents? Their audience doesn't care about that.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh well, it's not a looker. but it's selling. to dudes like us. in cities with small or no parking.

Because in Japan, you have to legally register where your car's home spot is. unless it is a "KEI" car. so to have a kei car that whips? is tempting to those who only have one technical parking spot. -occupied by the family hauler.
and considering that we already have 3 cars, my "stupid fun" car needs a free pass.

glad you can see the under the skin merits. not many like it left on the market.

I can appreciate the formula they are using to try to create a small, fun car. And while I don't care for its looks, its a hell of a lot better looking than a Smart car (to me those just look like a shopping cart with a roof).

If the best view is overhead, I wouldn't buy the car.

All you need is a ladder to appreciate its beauty! :wink:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
THIS is how a Honda sports car should look:

upload_2019-2-20_10-25-40.jpeg

Peak Honda.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Has any Kei car ever sold in the US?

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Has any Kei car ever sold in the US?
I don't think any have been sold new. because, i doubt the industry of large displacement cars would like a cheaper, faster,smaller alternative. RIP Minitrucks.

but you can now import the classics.
the Suzuki Cappucino
http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/SUZUKI/CAPPUCCINO/700012682130171220015/index.html

the Honda Beat
http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/HONDA/BEAT/700054029930171006001/index.html

and a bunch of others.

Zing zing. .

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
THIS is how a Honda sports car should look:

View attachment 1130152

Peak Honda.

You know something I was never a huge fan of the S2000, felt too much like a Miata (late first gen), which is a benchmark car in its class. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Honda guy and I have great respect for the S2000. However when I think Honda performance I thing Mugen. Good looks (unlike the Type R) and performance.

To me this is how a Honda Sports Car should look. Note that this isn't a "kit car", this is factory stock.

2008-honda-civic-mugen-si-1.jpg

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forever associate that body style Civic with a roommate in grad school who skipped out on 3 months of rent that we had to cover. F that guy and that Civic.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forever associate that body style Civic with a roommate in grad school who skipped out on 3 months of rent that we had to cover. F that guy and that Civic.

:lol: my car is a 2008, so you're basically saying F my car too? The 8th Generation's were among the last to feature an 8200 redline while being naturally aspirated. 200hp means 100hp per liter, which ain't bad for a commuter car. Only issue I have with this motor is a ****** low end on the power band.

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:lol: my car is a 2008, so you're basically saying F my car too? The 8th Generation's were among the last to feature an 8200 redline while being naturally aspirated. 200hp means 100hp per liter, which ain't bad for a commuter car. Only issue I have with this motor is a ****** low end on the power band.

Yes. I have negative associations with some cars and car colors so I stay away from them.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. I have negative associations with some cars and car colors so I stay away from them.

Wow. Were you a psych major, I'm sure there's a pill you can take that could help you out with that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads