Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'm not even here to defend my car but I think you need glasses bro. Are looking at all these car with black rims in a dark parking garage? Pics does most cars no justice because you can't see the lines and curves that makes the car what it is. I'll use my car as example, the rims are matte gunmetal so it doesn't really blend in with the polished and shiny body of the car. The grill itself is matte too with polished surrounds, provides a distinguishable design there. And that is pretty much the only things I changed unless you actually think the orange reflectors on the side is a visual improvement? To each his own but the reasoning of having a big blob of a car because there is no chrome surround around the grill and you can't see the wheels when there are no light just seems a bit ridiculous.

2. sonick

sonick Senior member

Calm down man, I wasn't talking about your car specifically; just the all-black look in general. My non-preference for the murdered out look is just my personal taste. I was providing explanation for why someone may not prefer the look. Even with the different finishes and gloss, pictures or in real life, I still find the look to be one-note.

My personal design aesthetic in general (cars, clothes, interior design, etc.) is about contrast. For instance gunmetal rims I like since you can still see some semblance of detail in them, but I still much prefer to see them on white cars than black just for that visual contrast.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012

3. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Why do people always assume I'm mad just because I reply with more than 2 sentences. :lol:

Like I said, i'm not really trying to defend my car (just used it as an example) but just understand your reasoning. We just disagree on the look, it's all subjective anyways so not a big deal. I can understand the contrast but to me, it's still about seeing it person and not just a quick glimpse but actually look at it. Kind of like the Aventador, it can be all black but that design distinction is still there. The lines, the angles, the curves, etc... it's what makes the car what it is. I also like it that black can be subdued or aggressive depending how you look at it. But again, to each his own.

4. apz06

apz06 Well-Known Member

Different strokes for different folks i suppose. I strongly disagree with the black rim blob thing, i think a 7k set of chrome rims just looks "ghetto" or gaudy. .Oh and ferrari and lambo as well as porsche and corvette dont have any ss or chrome trim on em from factory. ive never heard anyone comment on a black lamborghini murcielago as looking like a blob or not having discerning features
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Looks good, I like that the wheels are anthracite and not completely black.

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

im a big fan of blacked out cars, as long as it's not taken to the extreme, aka, tinted tail lights.

7. Berzerk91

Berzerk91 Well-Known Member

I like the blacked out Z4 RFX, wish I saw more of them in NY.

Does anyone in the NYC area know any places to get on a track? Other than Monticello?

8. apz06

apz06 Well-Known Member

road course or drag strip?

9. apz06

apz06 Well-Known Member

yaa i didnt wanna get to nuts either lol. . (the stupid c6r skull was only for an event)
    [​IMG]

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Don't like those tinted tails and headlights either. Aesthetically, I'm pretty much done. Just waiting for a spring that is compatible with the new N20 engine and maybe some tuning here and there to squeeze out more power and a SmartTop.

11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

yeah i think your car looks nice. looks more aggressive and not too murdered out.

just needs a drop and it'll look really nice.

12. Kookz

Kookz Senior member

Porsche produces far more 911s than BMW does M3s. In fact they sell more 911s than the entire BMW M lineup.

13. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Cool. You completely misconstrued my entire statement. I am talking about units and you're talking about badges.

14. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Cool. You completely misconstrued my entire statement. I am talking about units and you're talking about badges.

15. leo1981

leo1981 Member

i drive a 2.0TD volkswagen scirocco and love it to bits, smooth to drive and never had a problem with it yet, fingers crossed lol