• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have the adaptive cruise control, I think anything blocking the bottom grill is no go (that’s where the radar for ACC is).

Looks like if I want no drill I have to stay with the hook off center thing (then f around to make I’m sure it doesn’t false alarm park assist)

You can pivot, raise, and lower the plate as needed. I think you should be able to position it so it's out of the way of any sensor or camera.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
More pics of the new Supra:

2020-toyota-supra-lead-1546969133.jpg

2020-toyota-supra-202-1546969567.jpg

2020-toyota-supra-203-1546969632.jpg

2020-toyota-supra-204-1546969633.jpg

2020-toyota-supra-205-1546969649.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Best view of the new Supra is definitely from the rear.

It's not gorgeous, but I don't think it's terrible looking. The worst thing about it is that it's impossible not to see "Z4"--particularly from the side.

The interior is atrocious. Not so much because it's intrinsically bad, but because it is a poor match for the exterior. It looks very luxury coupe, as opposed to sports car. And that steering wheel! WTF. Is Toyota sharing GM's parts bin these days?

Last edited:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That screen position looks very “BMW”

Yeah, exactly the same as the Z4.

I really hate ******* screens. Don't understand why manufacturers haven't migrated more to using dial clusters and HUDs.

Can't wait to rip the nav system out of my car one day.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh and went to the website

https://carbonio.com/collections/bmw/products/bmw-m-front-license-plate-mount

Check the last image they specifically said won’t work with ACC, oh well...

As I mentioned previously, a friend had a detail shop put magnets in his bumper and they created some sort of licence plate holder with a soft backing that wont scratch his paint protection film and ceramic coating. Its a really strong magnet so the plate won't go flying off at high speeds. That might be your best alternative if you don't want to go with a tow hook plate holder.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly the same as the Z4.

I really hate ******* screens. Don't understand why manufacturers haven't migrated more to using dial clusters and HUDs.

Can't wait to rip the nav system out of my car one day.

Speaking of HUD, really like the bmw HUD with sat nav, almost never look down again, though it only works with BMW set nav, not google map via apple car play

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh and the park assist is amazing, but that’s probably because the last time I drove any car for a long time is back when they only bip...

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh and the park assist is amazing, but that’s probably because the last time I drove any car for a long time is back when they only bip...

I haven’t really driven in 10+ years, so my new car’s back-up camera was impressive enough on its own.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foo, gotcha on the back up cam...muhahahahha...... No puny screens here......
not my pic.

Tesla-Model-3-backup-camera.png

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That screen position looks very “BMW”

It's so BMW, it's got a BMW door jamb plate in it. Look at the second photo in this sequence:

The interior looks like they just replaced the BMW Roundel with the Toyota logo, and added red accents.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads