Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

HRE P40's?

I don't like overly lowered cars but if you go with thinner tires the car does tend to look like an SUV at stock height. It's the guys who slam their car down to the ground that have to deal wih bad ride quality anyway. Something like Bilstein PSS/PSS10 would lower the car without compromising the ride too badly

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

+1. I can't believe I'm posting this because I'm usually against lowering cars, but this one would look much better lowered just a bit to at least fill the wheel wells.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

187, easiest way to do this is get a big, fat car allowance from work and just declare it as taxable income. No mileage log needed, no room for IRS to get in your business.

Okay, it is fugly but the new QX 56 just went on my radar screen. Great interior, great engine and now sits on a Patrol platform vs. a Titan platform.

Edit: Still interested but some fast 'Net research indicates something stupid. In order to get the hydrolic dampening anti-body roll system you have to get 10k in other packages. Most things force you to get the 3k theatre package...a total waste if you rarely have a rug rat in your back seat.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012

4. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

^^^
    I think that is what my stepfather does. He doesn't log the kms and all of the repairs etc are paid for.

Re: infinitis, they're pretty decent cars. I have an M56 and, while I was pissed off in the beginning, it has proven to be a great car that is fun to drive. They have a lot of fun little techs and their engines are impressive. The exterior isn't what I'd like but it can grow on you after you motor around in it.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Was wiping down the car this weekend and damn the stance is just a bit high. I'm considering may some Eibach springs, drop is only 0.8"/0.4" but it looks good from the pics I've seen. Car also scraped already, ugh! Don't even know how and when.

Here's one with 19's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One with 20s.
    [​IMG]

With 18's, it should look like this, which to me is just right.
    [​IMG]

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

Shit is way too high then again my shit was on the ground.

7. oneeightyseven

personally I like the profile of the car with 20s best. Next would be the one with 19s

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I agree but getting bigger wheels/lower profile tires in the pothole land of Los Angeles is just asking for trouble. 18s the best balance for comfort and lessening the risk of scraping/damaging the wheels.

The pic with the 18's definitely looks much better than my set-up right now anyways so it'll still look better with the springs.

9. oneeightyseven

what you're saying is true. wasn't considering your terrain (was looking at it as if I were driving and the roads here are pretty decent in terms of pot holes...unless you go to certain areas downtown).

10. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

honestly, I had 19's in LA and it really wasn't too bad. if you hit something hard enough to break a quality set of 19's, you'd probably break 18's also anyway.

of course that's easy for me to say...if those are P40's then I think I would cry if I trashed a $6000 set of wheels

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

If you are not a noob when it comes to dropped cars you will have no problems slammed on 19s in LA.

Chicago, now there's a different story.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Bro, I'm in the Valley. Trust me, road here is much shittier than it is in LA. :lol:

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

I've had 3 sets of 19s on my car and have driven all over socal and have never bent a wheel or scraped maybe you need lessons lol.

I am in the valley regularly my cousin lives off white oak.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Lesson in what? If there's a pothole, there's a pothole. If the road sucks, it sucks. If you're travelling fast and you don't that pothole you're screwed, ain't no damn lesson going to prevent you from bending or cracking your wheels if that happens.

Go by Topanga one of these days, by the mall, drive around by where the new orange line is being constructed. Trust me, it's like driving on a gravel road.

If your car is slammed as you claim and never got a scrape then I call BS on that. I get scrapes on my unmodified Lexus just on some of the ridiculously high speed bumps and those steep inclined driveways on the houses on the hill.

15. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

You do know the big round thing in front of you when you drive, can change the direction of travel, right :p

It's hard to see the rim in 20" picture, but from the look of the 19s looks like the best match.