• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a bloody good idea, I never thought of that.

Just post pics of the result.
I’ve sold my heart to the Teutonic star, but it still beats for Alfa’s.

Luckily my job allows me to hire cars regularly, and I’m happy to report that hertz Italy has ample giulias, stelvios and mito :)

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just post pics of the result.
I’ve sold my heart to the Teutonic star, but it still beats for Alfa’s.

Luckily my job allows me to hire cars regularly, and I’m happy to report that hertz Italy has ample giulias, stelvios and mito :)

I’m planning on th Giulietta after the mito. Any experience?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like she should have put a "no modding the car" clause when she said you could get a new car.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I feel like she should have put a "no modding the car" clause when she said you could get a new car.
She pretty much did. But not a ban on modding. A ban on buying basket cases. I have to buy a solid car. 4wd, 5 seats. Now is the time to take a new direction. Not to go fast. But to go anywhere. Any time.

Meet contender no. 1.
PSX_20180716_000751.jpg
PSX_20180716_001411.jpg

PSX_20180716_000947.jpg

The Nissan/Datsun twin cab truck.
-has been sitting outside my office since last summer .
Interior looks alright. The whole underneath has been painted and tublinered. To protect from rust. Currently is wearing blizzak snow tires.
Eh? eh? Elbow bump.

What better daily in the snow, than this thing? I can Thrift all kinds of stuff and carry it home.

So I went into the office next to me. Said "hey, who's truck? I want to buy it"
Now waiting on a reply from Tokyo.
There it is. The first in line.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trucks are made without a Texas edition? Such a thing doesn’t exist in Texas.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m planning on th Giulietta after the mito. Any experience?

I like them, but I’m not sure whether it would be that much of an upgrade from the mito. The DNA switch is a nice gimmick, and it does really change the character of the car. Otherwise, nice sporting driving :)

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Trucks are made without a Texas edition? Such a thing doesn’t exist in Texas.
it's a solid looking vehicle. mileage unknown. but obviously bought new. for a construction company. it has seen some ****. but is still standing. the pickup version of the Nissan Armada.
a 4-door pickup that fits in a parking space?!
it is a worthy contender.

mrs V ain't laughing. i can't bite on anything until i get a reply on this.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really??

No LC’s? No Pajero Evolution?!

Or if you must have a pickup, get an old Datsun

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like them, but I’m not sure whether it would be that much of an upgrade from the mito. The DNA switch is a nice gimmick, and it does really change the character of the car. Otherwise, nice sporting driving :)

Thats one thing I wasn't happy about when I picked up the Mito; it didn't have the DNA or any other gear I thought it did. Its very basic, to be honest. I didn't realise and should have done more research but no matter, its a little terrier on the road and it goes like **** off a shovel when it needs it.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats one thing I wasn't happy about when I picked up the Mito; it didn't have the DNA or any other gear I thought it did. Its very basic, to be honest. I didn't realise and should have done more research but no matter, its a little terrier on the road and it goes like **** off a shovel when it needs it.

Personally I wouldn’t put too much weight behind that. It’s one of those options that you use once or twice, then set and forget. (Like the amg gear shift paddles on my car, never use them, ever). I liked it at the time as it allowed me to get the car as close to what I’m used to back home as possible, had a long drive from Milan to Florence to do in one evening after a flight.
The thing with Alfa’s is that they are already very sporty in standard kit, which is why alfisti like them. Look into a set of Alfa rims, preferably with the rings in them as there is no other brand car that can sport those, and drive the car until you can or need to upgrade to the giulia or stelvio :)

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vehicle updates. The MDX has been great. Getting around 30mpg through the first couple of tanks. Drive back from vacation was great as kids were separated enough not to touch each other/fight. There seems to be a few electrical glitches that hopefully some software might fix (cameras not coming on, blind spot monitor not engaging)

Just got an email about the wife's Subaru Ascent. Delivery date went from July 9 to July 31. :censored: If it gets extended beyond that, I'm looking for a different car. Their communication has sucked as we called multiple times trying to get an update last week. Not very pleased with the dealer.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn’t put too much weight behind that. It’s one of those options that you use once or twice, then set and forget. (Like the amg gear shift paddles on my car, never use them, ever). I liked it at the time as it allowed me to get the car as close to what I’m used to back home as possible, had a long drive from Milan to Florence to do in one evening after a flight.
The thing with Alfa’s is that they are already very sporty in standard kit, which is why alfisti like them. Look into a set of Alfa rims, preferably with the rings in them as there is no other brand car that can sport those, and drive the car until you can or need to upgrade to the giulia or stelvio :)

The DNA thing I was pretty miffed about for about a day then realised the car doesn't really need it. Plus its very comfortable to drive! The Giulia QF it would be if I had to choose, they're achingly beautiful. But then again, I'm jonesing for a 4c in the near future just to have fun in.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got an email about the wife's Subaru Ascent. Delivery date went from July 9 to July 31. :censored: If it gets extended beyond that, I'm looking for a different car. Their communication has sucked as we called multiple times trying to get an update last week. Not very pleased with the dealer.
waiting for vehicular orders sucks. I can cope by pretending that the order doesn’t actually exist, but this post reminded me that i don’t even have a production date yet, much less a delivery date:censored:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads