Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. brianja

brianja Senior member

He won't. Believe me.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

lol

3. impolyt_one

I love the color on the Peninsula Hotel's fleet of Phantoms - if I buy a new Porsche I am thinking of ordering it paint to sample in Peninsula Green. Probably the worst color for P-car resale, but whateva.

[​IMG]

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

love the phantom they did such a wonderful job on it

5. impolyt_one

Also, I grabbed an LS600hL grille out of the large trash collection heap this morning in my building - saw it just sitting there on top of a dresser and I felt like it was a waste to throw it away like that, so if anybody wants a JDM LS600 grille with the blue badge, let me know and we can work something out. I think it's for the 07-10 model.

6. impolyt_one

I like the Phantom too. It's not the most beautiful car ever, but everytime you see one in traffic you almost piss your pants, its presence is huge. Perfect for its purpose.

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Mexico blue, broseph. take a look at that if you're going to do MTO

8. stormin10

stormin10 Senior member

I would agree about the Phantom, I saw one a week or so ago in a shopping center near my house. It had texas plates and well a relatively young woman was driving it(now, I could go into woman drivers but I will save that for another time). Point being though she was trying to stuff a stroller in the back and couldn't figure out how to close the trunk..... It was pretty entertaining, I decided after a few minutes to inform her there was button in the trunk.

9. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

okay, so can anyone here help me out? I'm trying to understand the point of leasing a car through a company/work. I'm sure some of you guys here do that and I am just curious of the advantages of that.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Leasing the car through work as in it is being/going to be used for work? It's tax deductible if that is the case, you might have to provide proof during tax time though or else IRS might be looking deeper to your shit if you can't prove it.

11. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

how is it proved that it is used for work? also, does that mean the car is in the company's ownership and not your personal ownership? and for taxes, what is the benefit of it being a deduction as opposed to you buying it outright yourself?

I ask my parents questions like this but they're utterly useless and give me answers like, 'it's just better'. I'm just curious to understanding the full benefits of it early so I can learn how to use things like that to my advantage later on. I mean, I'd rather know this stuff beforehand and if I ever need it I can call upon it, as opposed to learning it after the fact and missing out.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I am not 100% sure but I think you need to prove that the mileage were actually for work. For example if you're an accountant and do no errands, where would the mileage come from? But if you're a civil engineer who travels around the city all the time, then it should be easier to prove. I really don't know the details, all I know is that they are tax deductible if it is for work.

Read up here for more details: http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc510.html

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

So, I've been in Miami for the last couple of days, and have seen lots of really nice cars. Tonight a couple of buddies of mine and I were drooling over a beautiful blue AM Rapide parked in front of the hotel. Stunning inside and out. Just gorgeous.

14. Savile Row

Savile Row Well-Known Member

1966 Austin Healey Mark 3000... restored...

[​IMG]

15. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

porsche had it in the eighties. great colour.