1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Dino944

Dino944 Distinguished Member

Haven't driven a GLC43. However, went and test drove the next model up in size, the GLE43, and I liked it a lot and so did my friends. They thought the GLE43 was fun to drive and a bit nicer inside. It isn't as quick as the Macan Turbo (as its bigger and heavier). I believe the GLC43 is more like a Macan GTS in terms of performance and size. As for the interiors, to me the Macan and Cayenne interiors have always been ok, but I prefer the interior of the MBs to that of the Macan. However, that's subjective. Part of the reason one friend went with a Macan Turbo was dealer had one last 2017 Turbo in stock this past November, and we were able to negotiate a very large discount. It made this $92K Turbo quite a bit less than the price of a new well equipped 2018 GLE43, which I think had a sticker of around $84K. The MB dealer wasn't willing to negotiate much on an 2018 GLE43. That being said, both friends with Turbo Macans are very happy with them.

I've also driven the Macan S and Macan GTS on the road and on a track and they were a lot of fun...just make sure you get them with the sport chrono. Without sport plus, they feel a bit sluggish to me.

2. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

I currently have a 2017 C63S AMG and considering trading that in for a GLC43 AMG in about 12-15 months. Much cheaper and after the freeze in Houston last week, maybe having rear wheel drive as a daily isn't the best.

3. Dino944

Dino944 Distinguished Member

We live in New England where there is plenty of snow and ice. This past year we ordered and took delivery of a 2017 C43 sedan as a daily driver for the wife and she is very happy with it. Plenty of power (0-60 in 4.1 seconds in Car and Driver's road test) , the latest 4matic for bad weather, and with the 9 speed auto (some people on MB forums claim they are seeing 30MPG if driven very conservatively in economy mode). My wife doesn't drive conservatively enough to see 30 mpg. My wife had a previous C class with 4matic and never got stuck in snow no matter how bad the weather conditions were. Good luck with whatever you decide.

4. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

To each his own, but I actually don’t like sport plus. Locking out seventh gear forces you to stay at higher rpm’s, and it holds the gear so you’re always forced to manually shift. I kind of feel silly doing all that while highway driving in an SUV

5. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

hey hey! Coincidentally my wife wants to replace this Macan with a C63s convertible when her lease is up this year. Good idea?

6. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

As long as she's a careful driver it's a good idea. Tires aren't cheap and R&M is expensive with any German car. Fun car to daily drive except for when it ices over or snows.