1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. bawlin

bawlin Distinguished Member

I wince at the thought of that scraping sound and how much more frequently it's going to happen after I drop the car a half inch next week. Oh well.

2. brokencycle

brokencycle Stylish Dinosaur Moderator

There is a guy in my neighborhood with an old 911 Turbo. Every driveway in the neighborhood has fairly steep driveways, and on a couple occasions I have been walking the dog when he's pulling it out or in, and it pains me to hear it scrape with the elevation change.

3. Dino944

Dino944 Distinguished Member

Track days are fun, but I'd rather do them in a car that's not as nice. I know they are designed for that type of use, but if condition of the car matters, as one tech said to me, "Using a new or show car condition vehicle for track days is the fastest way to turn a pristine condition car into something that looks like a daily driver." Chunks of rubber from pieces of tire on the track or other debris get thrown at you buy other cars on the track. If he does them, he should be sure to get track insurance. A friend of mine with lots of track experience totaled his 993 at a track event last year. He had track insurance and they covered the loss, and he picked up another 993 a few weeks later.

Getting extra lower rubber spoilers is a great idea, especially if he lives near NYC. A lot of the roads there suck. Roads here in New England are similar, and friends of mine with GT4s, GT3s and older water cooled Turbos have all had to replace the lower rubber spoiler piece.