• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
ah. makes sense.

pretty exciting. getting a new whip.
I mean, if you are gonna do it? Do it right. right?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
ah. makes sense.

pretty exciting. getting a new whip.

Yessir! Particularly since I haven't owned a car in a decade! Have been aching for wheels of my own and the ability to go for a drive at will.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wish there was an option to have calipers painted differently from the factory (black, gray, matching the exterior color, etc.). Otherwise, if you pick a beautiful color like Irish Green through PTS, you're stuck with red calipers or must pay up for the ceramics.

Nothing wrong with red calipers on a green car.

Green-Porsche-997-GT3-RS-0.jpg

Green-Porsche-997-GT3-RS-6.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with red calipers on a green car.

Green-Porsche-997-GT3-RS-0.jpg

Green-Porsche-997-GT3-RS-6.jpg

Not my cup. A little too Christmas tree. But then, my chosen car looks like a teenage girl picked it.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not my cup. A little too Christmas tree. But then, my chosen car looks like a teenage girl picked it.

Gotta throw Nyan Cat on the hood a la DeadMau5 for it to truly be teenage girl. Most enthusiasts know Mexico Blue.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
If it was about being fast? we'd all say Nissan GTR.

But Foo? wants what he wants. won't track it. just wants a rad ride. and is throwing money at it.

Damn good choice.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gotta throw Nyan Cat on the hood a la DeadMau5 for it to truly be teenage girl. Most enthusiasts know Mexico Blue.

It's Miami Blue, which is got more green in it than Mexico. Seems like a lot of the traditionalists don't like it because its almost Mexico, but isn't.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If it was about being fast? we'd all say Nissan GTR.

But Foo? wants what he wants. won't track it. just wants a rad ride. and is throwing money at it.

Damn good choice.

I'm not looking to track the car, no. What I care most about is driving pleasure.

So, I was gunning for an awesome-as-**** naturally aspirated engine with a stick. Also, needs to have some space behind the front seats. Two main contenders were a GT350/GT350R or a GT3.

The way I see it, the combo I'm looking for is a dying breed and some of the most recent cars that fit the bill may be some of the greatest ever. Want to get mine before it's too late.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's Miami Blue, which is got more green in it than Mexico. Seems like a lot of the traditionalists don't like it because its almost Mexico, but isn't.

Now that I see pictures side by side, I see what you mean by more green. Still an attractive color.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not generally a fan of lighter blue colors but I like Miami Blue on the GT3. Personally, I've never liked Mexico Blue, and Gulf Blue is too light and been done too many times. I only like Gulf Blue on a 917 racing cars of the 1970s.

Overall, I think you did a great job specc'ing the car with the essentials to make it a great looking and great driving vehicle. Congrats and now is the really tough part...waiting. :lurk:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With the rev matching function on that car and the wide availability of track days for drivers of all skill/experience levels, the track is readily accessible if you change your mind.

To Foo’s point on the lower surfaces...the one thing that gets chopped up is really only the bottom of the front spoiler...which is 200 bux, clips on and off, and every gt3 owner should just keep extras. I don’t live in New York but I’ve never bottomed out or damaged any other parts

(Well there is that exhaust valve that got bent in a spin, but that’s on the driver, not the car)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, bawlin mentioned something I forgot. If I spec the car with deviated stitching of any color, I would make sure to get the leather dash and steering column in leather option. The additional stitching you get on those surfaces makes the interior of the car look really sharp

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To Foo’s point on the lower surfaces...the one thing that gets chopped up is really only the bottom of the front spoiler...which is 200 bux, clips on and off, and every gt3 owner should just keep extras. I don’t live in New York but I’ve never bottomed out or damaged any other parts

I wince at the thought of that scraping sound and how much more frequently it's going to happen after I drop the car a half inch next week. Oh well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads