• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Centerlock wheels or just the style?

Those exact wheels. My car, for better or for worse, is one of the recipients of Porsche's highly inefficient CL system. Looks cool though :uhoh:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is that? Looks like BBS E88 with less spokes

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is that? Looks like BBS E88 with less spokes

BBS E07. Essentially a back-milled version of the 997 Cup wheel (BBS E01) with proper offsets and a centre with unexposed hardware that attaches to the front of the lip.

E01:

16230970_1051296171643212_3941768830757371904_n.jpg

E07:

25487449_10212558006080066_7138291409906290082_o.jpg

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed. And I didn’t know they existed!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Woohoo! I got my 991.2 GT3 allocation locked up! Car is due in December. So, unfortunately, a long wait--but quite literally a dream come true. This is my grail car.

In fact, I haven't owned a car in over ten years, what with living in the city. This car is purely for pleasure. Will take it on weekend drives from time to time. Finding a secure way to park it in or near Manhattan will be interesting . . .

Planned build is something like this: PJF8WTP5

Key options/choices:
- Miami Blue exterior paint
- Satin black wheels
- Manual transmission (!!!)
- PCCBs
- Full bucket seats in carbon fiber
- Front axle lift
- Yellow seat belts

iris

Miami-Blue-Porsche-911-GT3-3.jpg

Would also consider GT Silver, or maybe even white. But the Miami Blue is stunning in person and seems to suit the car. No point in trying to be subtle . . .

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Sorry 'bout the absence. @Dino944 Cars do have a "feel". knowing their history helps to understand why.

The Yellow Monster? When i rescued it from a trash pile, and pulled all the trash from inside of it? on the back side of the Driver's Sun Visor? a Stack of Track day passes an inch thick. This thing was Gettin' it like it had Rocky's cornerman in the back seat. on it's second engine, Bumpers screwed to the body with metal plates. steering wheel worn down through leather.Cusco under body Bracing, Stainless brake lines, Endless Brake pads. . . For real, the Ghetto JDM race car that would even make a rich boy's eyes water. Not to mention there was less than 700 of these made.
-to sit in it is surreal. i had a Local Clairvoyant sit in it. for giggles. she was like. "****, the energy in here.... How fast can we go?"
Mrs Vader is scared of it.and while it couldn't catch a Porsche GT2 on the Wangan? it tried. hung close for a long while. when i hooked up the Defi boost gauge? it was running 18psi. through 3000,5000 rpm. Smoked everything else.
tried chasing a F430. traffic got in the way. and i remember a Japanese dude looking me in the eye. and he's like Bro, are you really gonna chase down the Fezza. get it son!
it could. on it's last breath. it started to feel tired. so i took it off the road. this isn't the end of the Yellow Monster.
now? it has a full Kakimoto Stainless/Titanium Exhaust, a full Dixcel brake setup slotted rotor/Type M pads, with up sized 2006 Legacy Calipers. a fresh OEM Momo steering wheel, new interior pieces,gear knob/boot. Enkei Rims with Advan Tires. Door seals, Silicone hoses,fat radiator. . . This car is in Hibernation.
Was quoted 8k for an engine rebuild. so i will build the engine myself.choose the Clutch, and do the suspension. will hit up some peeps for that. stock block, fresh, all the support mods.

The Barge is my daily. but make no mistake. MY car has game.
DSC_2597.JPG

like the Slim Shady LP on wheels.

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Which Porsche GT cars offer manual transmissions? It always seems to switch from year to year.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Which Porsche GT cars offer manual transmissions? It always seems to switch from year to year.

The GT3 & GT3 Touring, and if they bring out a new version of a Cayman GT4 (it will probably be a manual just like the last car).

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woohoo! I got my 991.2 GT3 allocation locked up! Car is due in December. So, unfortunately, a long wait--but quite literally a dream come true. This is my grail car.

We all eagerly look forward to pictures once it's delivered! On another note, this past weekend I was at my cleaners picking up my clothes. This guy pulls up in a purple GT3RS and walks into the cleaners. Probably not the most practical car to run weekend chores with but pretty awesome to see in person.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In fact, I haven't owned a car in over ten years, what with living in the city. This car is purely for pleasure. Will take it on weekend drives from time to time. Finding a secure way to park it in or near Manhattan will be interesting . . .

Planned build is something like this: PJF8WTP5

Key options/choices:
- Miami Blue exterior paint
- Satin black wheels
- Manual transmission (!!!)
- PCCBs
- Full bucket seats in carbon fiber
- Front axle lift
- Yellow seat belts

iris

Miami-Blue-Porsche-911-GT3-3.jpg

Would also consider GT Silver, or maybe even white. But the Miami Blue is stunning in person and seems to suit the car. No point in trying to be subtle . . .

Congrats! Silver is easy to live with, and it hides dirt and dust (We had a GT Silver car previously). But don't wimp out out by getting white or silver. Everyone gets white or silver 911s. It becomes sort of boring, especially if you go to PCA events or Porsche dealer events. Choose an interesting color.

Have you sat in the full carbon fiber buckets? If not, just make sure you do and try getting in and out of them several times. They look cool, and everyone on Porsche forums says you have to get them, but I've never liked them in terms of how they feel or the extra effort it takes to get in and out of them. Anyway, just saying make sure you sit in them before you buy them.

Wishing you all the best with the new car. Now do your homework and try to find a safe garage for it. I'd never park that on the streets of NY...that's just asking to have some idiots damage it. I remember a guy asking my friend to pull forward to make another space for him. My friend said, if I do I won't be able to get out of this space later. The other guy responded, just use your bumpers, that's what they're for.

Sorry 'bout the absence. @Dino944 Cars do have a "feel". knowing their history helps to understand why.

The Yellow Monster? When i rescued it from a trash pile, and pulled all the trash from inside of it? on the back side of the Driver's Sun Visor? a Stack of Track day passes an inch thick. This thing was Gettin' it like it had Rocky's cornerman in the back seat. on it's second engine, Bumpers screwed to the body with metal plates. steering wheel worn down through leather.Cusco under body Bracing, Stainless brake lines, Endless Brake pads. . . For real, the Ghetto JDM race car that would even make a rich boy's eyes water. Not to mention there was less than 700 of these made.
-to sit in it is surreal. i had a Local Clairvoyant sit in it. for giggles. she was like. "****, the energy in here.... How fast can we go?"
Mrs Vader is scared of it.and while it couldn't catch a Porsche GT2 on the Wangan? it tried. hung close for a long while. when i hooked up the Defi boost gauge? it was running 18psi. through 3000,5000 rpm. Smoked everything else.
tried chasing a F430. traffic got in the way. and i remember a Japanese dude looking me in the eye. and he's like Bro, are you really gonna chase down the Fezza. get it son!
it could. on it's last breath. it started to feel tired. so i took it off the road. this isn't the end of the Yellow Monster.
now? it has a full Kakimoto Stainless/Titanium Exhaust, a full Dixcel brake setup slotted rotor/Type M pads, with up sized 2006 Legacy Calipers. a fresh OEM Momo steering wheel, new interior pieces,gear knob/boot. Enkei Rims with Advan Tires. Door seals, Silicone hoses,fat radiator. . . This car is in Hibernation.
Was quoted 8k for an engine rebuild. so i will build the engine myself.choose the Clutch, and do the suspension. will hit up some peeps for that. stock block, fresh, all the support mods.

The Barge is my daily. but make no mistake. MY car has game. like a D12 album on wheels.

Very interesting stories about your car's history. I suppose a cars can have a feel to them, but it sounds more like you have feelings about your car, based on what you discovered about it's history. Anyway, still very entertaining stories, so thanks for sharing them.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Traditionally, they've always had a stick--until the 991.1 iteration, which was PDK only. There was a huge guffaw over the omission among Porsche enthusiasts. Then, Porsche released the limited edition 911R, which was basically a GT3 RS minus the aero features and plus a 6-speed stick. It was sold primarily to 918 owners and skyrocketed in value, selling for $500k+ on the secondary market (versus $180k new). Much of the value appreciation was driven by the belief that it may be the last ever GT car with a manual transmission.

However, Porsche was not def to the demand and last year announced the same manual transmission from the 911R would be included as a no-cost option on the new 991.2 version of the GT3. Everyone was happy. Except for 911R owners.

Now, the current GT3 is being hyped as potentially the last naturally-aspirated 911 available with stick. The new GT3 RS (if it actually happens) will be PDK only. On and on we go.

We all eagerly look forward to pictures once it's delivered! On another note, this past weekend I was at my cleaners picking up my clothes. This guy pulls up in a purple GT3RS and walks into the cleaners. Probably not the most practical car to run weekend chores with but pretty awesome to see in person.

Thanks--I'm super psyched. Can't count the days fast enough.

Will not be running errands, but will be taking the family on weekend trips.

Congrats! Silver is easy to live with, and it hides dirt and dust (We had a GT Silver car previously). But don't wimp out out by getting white or silver. Everyone gets white or silver 911s. It becomes sort of boring, especially if you go to PCA events or Porsche dealer events. Choose an interesting color.

Thanks!

Yeah, my thoughts too. It's a gorgeous silver, and I love silver particularly when the underlying form is so beautiful, but I think the character of this particular car calls for something a bit more brash.

Have you sat in the full carbon fiber buckets? If not, just make sure you do and try getting in and out of them several times. They look cool, and everyone on Porsche forums says you have to get them, but I've never liked them in terms of how they feel or the extra effort it takes to get in and out of them. Anyway, just saying make sure you sit in them before you buy them.

Yes, have tried them out. Not so much an issue for us since we are small people. Also, we are used to sitting in firm, lightly padded modern furniture at home :).

Wishing you all the best with the new car. Now do your homework and try to find a safe garage for it. I'd never park that on the streets of NY...that's just asking to have some idiots damage it. I remember a guy asking my friend to pull forward to make another space for him. My friend said, if I do I won't be able to get out of this space later. The other guy responded, just use your bumpers, that's what they're for.

Yes, this will be the biggest headache. Ideally, I'll find a garage where I can self-park.

Street parking is not even remotely under consideration.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
The Barge?
wreckerspic.jpg

I bought it from the Mechanic. at a man to man price.
It Belonged to the CEO of a Construction company.
it is 100% Business, until it's time to let the hair down, a calm daily. Comfortable. chill. but this thing will throw Circles on ice. and it has a Gucci Interior.

Which brings me to the point. Spring is coming. and i am getting ready.
Been looking at wraps. to wrap the Barge.

Gucci pattern over silver? with the red/green stripe to break it up?

or go paint. . . .

work vs result....

but this looks good.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Entire-Car...ash=item2cccc3aa01:g:AAwAAOSwTf9ZVx1q&vxp=mtr
Something tells me to let it roll. let the deep clear Black x Black metal flake paint shine through as it wears off. V.I.P. Rat Rod.

Straight pipes. manual swap. the wheels. . . Ghetto fabulous.

yeah, i painted both cars. there is more to come.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads