1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. bawlin

bawlin Distinguished Member

Ordered. Along with some suspension bits, long-tube headers, Cup cables, etc. Feels like I'm going through the "16 year old modifying his Honda Civic" phase I never had the chance to go through going up. Boys will be boys, right?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 11:34 PM

2. jbarwick

jbarwick Distinguished Member

Centerlock wheels or just the style?

3. bawlin

Those exact wheels. My car, for better or for worse, is one of the recipients of Porsche's highly inefficient CL system. Looks cool though :uhoh:

4. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

What is that? Looks like BBS E88 with less spokes

5. bawlin

BBS E07. Essentially a back-milled version of the 997 Cup wheel (BBS E01) with proper offsets and a centre with unexposed hardware that attaches to the front of the lip.

E01:

[​IMG]

E07:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018 at 11:35 PM

6. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Those wheels are gorgeous. :inlove:

7. HRoi

HRoi Stylish Dinosaur

Agreed. And I didn’t know they existed!

8. mafoofan

mafoofan THE FOO Dubiously Honored

Woohoo! I got my 991.2 GT3 allocation locked up! Car is due in December. So, unfortunately, a long wait--but quite literally a dream come true. This is my grail car.

In fact, I haven't owned a car in over ten years, what with living in the city. This car is purely for pleasure. Will take it on weekend drives from time to time. Finding a secure way to park it in or near Manhattan will be interesting . . .

Planned build is something like this: PJF8WTP5

Key options/choices:
    - Miami Blue exterior paint
    - Satin black wheels
    - Manual transmission (!!!)
    - PCCBs
    - Full bucket seats in carbon fiber
    - Front axle lift
    - Yellow seat belts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Would also consider GT Silver, or maybe even white. But the Miami Blue is stunning in person and seems to suit the car. No point in trying to be subtle . . .

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018 at 6:32 AM

9. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Sorry 'bout the absence. @Dino944 Cars do have a "feel". knowing their history helps to understand why.

The Yellow Monster? When i rescued it from a trash pile, and pulled all the trash from inside of it? on the back side of the Driver's Sun Visor? a Stack of Track day passes an inch thick. This thing was Gettin' it like it had Rocky's cornerman in the back seat. on it's second engine, Bumpers screwed to the body with metal plates. steering wheel worn down through leather.Cusco under body Bracing, Stainless brake lines, Endless Brake pads. . . For real, the Ghetto JDM race car that would even make a rich boy's eyes water. Not to mention there was less than 700 of these made.
    -to sit in it is surreal. i had a Local Clairvoyant sit in it. for giggles. she was like. "Fuck, the energy in here.... How fast can we go?"
    Mrs Vader is scared of it.and while it couldn't catch a Porsche GT2 on the Wangan? it tried. hung close for a long while. when i hooked up the Defi boost gauge? it was running 18psi. through 3000,5000 rpm. Smoked everything else.
    tried chasing a F430. traffic got in the way. and i remember a Japanese dude looking me in the eye. and he's like Bro, are you really gonna chase down the Fezza. get it son!
    it could. on it's last breath. it started to feel tired. so i took it off the road. this isn't the end of the Yellow Monster.
    now? it has a full Kakimoto Stainless/Titanium Exhaust, a full Dixcel brake setup slotted rotor/Type M pads, with up sized 2006 Legacy Calipers. a fresh OEM Momo steering wheel, new interior pieces,gear knob/boot. Enkei Rims with Advan Tires. Door seals, Silicone hoses,fat radiator. . . This car is in Hibernation.
    Was quoted 8k for an engine rebuild. so i will build the engine myself.choose the Clutch, and do the suspension. will hit up some peeps for that. stock block, fresh, all the support mods.

The Barge is my daily. but make no mistake. MY car has game.
    DSC_2597.JPG

like a D12 album on wheels.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018 at 7:17 AM

10. jbarwick

jbarwick Distinguished Member

Congrats! Which Porsche GT cars offer manual transmissions? It always seems to switch from year to year.

11. Dino944

Dino944 Distinguished Member

The GT3 & GT3 Touring, and if they bring out a new version of a Cayman GT4 (it will probably be a manual just like the last car).

12. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

We all eagerly look forward to pictures once it's delivered! On another note, this past weekend I was at my cleaners picking up my clothes. This guy pulls up in a purple GT3RS and walks into the cleaners. Probably not the most practical car to run weekend chores with but pretty awesome to see in person.