Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

dems fighting words.

2. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

I drive an A6 and my wife drives a Q7. Even my wife, god bless her as clueless as she is really loved driving. It drives differently than anything I have driven before, either performance or family cruiser. At least in my mind, I would own a car where a majority of the changes are driven by software not hardware. I drove it around 200 miles locally and on the highway and enjoyed every minute of it. Expensive it is.

3. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

behind the touch screen. and golf cart torque thrill. are mechanical parts.

and yerp. you'd get better value from a land yacht . with an upgraded audio.

environmentally speaking? peak combustion is better for the environment than coal plus batteries.

so grab a monte carlo, crate motor,tune it to peak. and enjoy the guilt free pleasure. .

4. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

In the US, coal is declining and isn't used as much for electricity generation compared to before. Natural gas is the big fossil fuel used now since it's cheaper and cleaner than coal.

5. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Subaru is running again. Trying to swap the transmission myself with a 'friend' (i.e. dude from a subaru forum that said he'd sell me his working trans and help install it for 400 bucks) resulted in said 'friend' essentially destroying the transmission and disappearing after doing so. Luckily I hadn't paid him the full amount and had only covered parts till that point.

This resulted in a tow to the garage down the street, the purchase of another transmission, and paying the shop to do things...which I should have done the first time. This was definitely a job that was too big for me to tackle in my garage without having PROPER help. I'll consider it a lesson learned to be honest.

Ended up being way more than I anticipated. I'm up to a number I didn't think I'd hit with this car, but it's been over 3 years. Thinking about it realistically, most of that has been labor and routine maintenance stuff that I've done as needed. This transmission stuff just sucked though especially since it was a pretty large expense. Realistically, I still think I would have paid this much for any other car outside of an old civic or camry.

Well, it's running great again... No friggin clue why the transmission randomly decided to grenade...