Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

BMW Z4 M Coupe running CSLs and a 3.91 final drive:
    [​IMG]

I really like this car, much nicer than the first Z4s..

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

pontiac g6 4 dr. stock pic. i don't think mine has the same rims. other than that the same car and color [​IMG]

3. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

^^^^^ Man after my heart! When people ask my wife (since they never approach me) why we have more than the expected standard 2 cars (also we are a young couple with a 2 yr old son), she tries to explain to them, like I did when she met me as a single guy who must always have 2 cars, that: 1. We never have to worry about missing any appointment/event because a car opts to act up and 2. Like with our clothes, there is the work car, play car or/and special events car. The ability to rotate use amongst 2 or more similar items, lessens the wear and tear on any particular one.

Yeah I have 3 cars. Plan to get a XJ6 this fall, I really want one for taking friends and family to plays, dinners etc. For the most part though I take the honda accord. It's just cheap basic transportation with very low maintenance. If I meet up with friends for brunch I love to take the solstice gxp. For just having a fun drive or going racing I take the porsche.

4. Recoil

Recoil Senior member

BMW Z4 M Coupe running CSLs and a 3.91 final drive:
    [​IMG]
    Smart Fortwo for commuting:
    [​IMG]

You have the best car in the thread hands down. Only real car people ever seem to really appreciate this car. It is, without a doubt, the last best BMW ever sold. No iDrive, no automatic, minimal computer control. Perfect.

5. epb

epb Senior member

You have the best car in the thread hands down. Only real car people ever seem to really appreciate this car. It is, without a doubt, the last best BMW ever sold. No iDrive, no automatic, minimal computer control. Perfect.

Thanks! I love BMW's high-powered inline-6s like those used in the M1, the E24 M6, E28/E34 M5, and the E46 M3. With the trend towards turbos and more cylinders, the Z4MC looked like my last chance to get an M-Division inline-6 new, and the Z3 M Coupe and Z4 M Coupe are, imo, the purest driver's cars they've made since the M1. As you mentioned, it's got minimal driver aids and those can be disabled, which makes for some fun, sometimes hairy, drives. [​IMG] I also think it's the most successful of the "flame-surfaced" designs.

I can't think of anything I'd replace it with.

6. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Love the Z4 M Coupe. I'm not sure if the car pictured is yours, but if it is, those CSL wheels are sex. Probably one of my favorite stock wheels EVER. My next car is going to be a 135i slammed on them...

7. epb

epb Senior member

Love the Z4 M Coupe. I'm not sure if the car pictured is yours, but if it is, those CSL wheels are sex. Probably one of my favorite stock wheels EVER. My next car is going to be a 135i slammed on them...

Yep, it's mine. The CSL/ZCP design is great - I knew I'd swap them onto the car before I even started the buying process. The concave shape really goes with the design of the flame-surfaced cars. I've seen them looking almost as good on E92 coupes. I'd think the 19" size might look out of proportion on a 1-series, though - are you thinking 18" reps?

8. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

If I can find decent quality reps, I will definitely go with 18's. Like I said, I plan on lowering the vehicle with some coilovers so 18's would probably be my best bet.

BUT

We'll see what happens to '08 E9x M3 prices in the coming months. Might go that route too...

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Dislike all bangled cars but the shoe is nice. CSL is the nicest stock wheel but still stock.

10. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Already had these cued up in imageshack for another thread:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. jet

jet Persian Bro

excellent photography skills natty [​IMG]

12. epb

epb Senior member

Already had these cued up in imageshack for another thread:

Nice! Is that a Silverstone sedan? I don't see the carbon roof.

13. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Nice! Is that a Silverstone sedan? I don't see the carbon roof.

Not sure what they call the color, I always call it silver.. No carbon fiber, has a sunroof instead.. That, and 414 hp..

14. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

excellent photography skills natty [​IMG]

Is that sarcasm I sense?

15. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

BTW, the last pic was from a ride I took on the Blue Ridge Parkway.. Anybody who loves driving and lives within riding distance of Tennessee/North Carolina really needs to do it.. Thread here:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=108672