Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Christ, the Aventador is so sick. I've only seen one in person, my panties got a bit wet.

2. A Y

A Y Senior member

I hate Lambos. They're for hirsute, gold-chain wearers who don't know how to button a shirt.

3. impolyt_one

sometimes that is a good thing, man. Show me a man with no peacocking clothes, and I will show you a man who is living as a dead person. Sometimes driving a fluorescent weapon is the only correct answer.

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

New Porsche Boxster looking more like a Ferrari (front and new headlight) or MR2 (front and side scoops)?

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. nootje

nootje Senior member

Like the ugly neighborhood girl whom you havent seen or looked at in a few years, she's suddenly noticable...

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I can't wait how the Cayman looks, possible next car. :D I hope the chrome horizontal strip on the taillight is gone on the Cayman.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. A Y

A Y Senior member

I'm kind of meh about the new Boxster. It's good that it's quite a bit lighter due to an all-aluminum body, but I think the Porsche designers are trying too hard to make it look different. The vertically-stacked headlights make it look like an MR2. The McLaren-esque scoop in front of the rear vents look like they're just trying too hard, and the back is kind of random. I also don't like the new badging they're starting to put on all the new cars starting with the Panamera that makes the back look too busy. They've added "Porsche" now, as if anyone couldn't tell it's a freakin' Porsche.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I always debadge my cars.

Debadged > badged.

I like the change, it still looks like a Porsche but the hood and fender/headlight mount is more squarish, kind of reminds me F430 but with the Porsche raised fender/headlight. I also like the R8-esque fascia/bumper grill. The taillight is my main grief so I really hope it's a bit different on the Cayman.

9. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

10. A Y

A Y Senior member

Seriously, you think it looks like an F430?

[​IMG]

I think there is almost no similarity except for the general body shape due to the rear mid-engine config.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The hood does remind me of the F430, especially in the vid when it's moving. Keep in mind I am only talking about the front. It doesn't have a steep down slope hood like the typical Porsche does. The nose isn't as pointy as it is in the current gen Cayman so that does add to the F430 look. Make the F430 headlight more square and raised then add the lower grill and that is pretty much an F430 front.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  12. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

Putting the name Porsche is a classic and they have been doing it for years and years and years. I like it and I am glad they are getting back to the classic feel.

13. impolyt_one

they are putting too many badges on the backs of those new Porsches, the new 911 is a mess. I would debadge it the same day I pick it up from the lot, if I ever get one.

Went to Tokyo Auto Salon today, young ricer dreams came true. Been wanting to go for 15 years and I finally did it. Ended up looking at the European cars as they were the only new cars out there, it was mostly the same 1990's Japanese cars you see in the magazines, and show cars from years past. Bit of a dying scene. Lots of baller VIP cars though.

Typical bad boy shit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. impolyt_one

2000GT replicas made on Miata frames - but they had nice proportions and the long bonnet and the shifted-back A pillar, looked like the real deal (have not seen a real one, but from pictures, I mean) - they're selling these turnkey with RB26DETT's for like $80K. I want one in white really badly.

[​IMG]

15. razl

razl Senior member

Sigworthy.