• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't think a Porsche is exotic, maybe some of the 911 GT series like the GT2, or GT3 RS, definitely the C-GT, but most of them, not really. The V6 Cayenne on the base 17"s is like the car equivalent of a designer logo tee. :lol:

I agree, a 911, even the GT series, IMO, is not exotic.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exotic by most definitions but I always found the 959 to be visually underwhelming. It certainly doesn't help that it's competition was the F40.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This is a truly exotic 911 (I'd say the 993 GT2 was a pretty exotic as well)

porsche-911-gt1-back-2_74.jpg

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

not sure about that color scheme in the interior... but they should move the license plate indent into the trunk, and simply call this the '5 series' and restore my faith in humanity.

There's an m-sport interior in black alcantara on bmw.de, which looks a lot better than the two tone and I don't think there's room for a license plate in the bootlit, due to the lights.

2012-bmw-6-series-12.jpg

I don't mind the name, as it has the same tail lights as the other 6 series models and it has pillerless doors, which makes it a bit different than the 5 series and the fact it's going to compete with CLS and A7, it has to be a bit different than the fiver.

Personally I'm not to keen on the 5 series sedan or the GT, the sedan is missing something and sort of looks like some shrunken 7 and the GT is butt ugly, the touring on the other hand :inlove:

For some reason I don't think the new fiver looks good with the m-sport kit on, the regular bumpers looks a lot more homogeneous, based purely on looks I would choose the E61 M5 over the new one, as the aggressiveness suits the design better.

The only thing putting of this car is the CLS is also very good looking and the 20k€ difference between this and a 5 series with the same engine.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Audi's A5/S5 is a beauty, I wish Lexus and Benz took some notes make their less expensive vehicles. The CLS and marital aid SLS are still my favorites though.

The Sportback is horrid, it sort of looks like it was designed on a lunch break cloning the a4 sedan and the avant, the A7 is an odd looking car as well I don't really get what is going at audis design department at moment, those two cars and the seats in the new A6. :puzzled:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm not big on the A7 either, it's strange looking - nice looking little tail but the front looks 'dumb' for lack of a better description. The A5 Sportback is not so bad, if one likes the A5 coupe they will probably like the sportback. I just don't like Audis in general, they are boring and I hate hearing about their 'design' because I kinda came to expect nice noble, solid looking German cars long ago. I went out walking this afternoon and saw a W124 AMG Hammer sedan sitting somewhere parked - that was a solid piece of kit. If you want to have a little block of a car, you'd better look like a Russian drug dealer while you're at it... the Hammer succeeds....

All of these 4 door coupes - the Panamera, the CLS, the 6 gran coupe, the A7 - they would all actually look much better as 5 door station wagons, true story.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

All of these 4 door coupes - the Panamera, the CLS, the 6 gran coupe, the A7 - they would all actually look much better as 5 door station wagons, true story.

Have you seen the CLS estate?

Apparently it's going to hit the market later this year.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
saw a dude cruising around his r8 today in denver. a lotta nice cars here

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

R8 > Anything else Audi has ever made.

Stylistically, maybe. But the C6 RS6 is, technically, superior. And it's a sleeper, monster, throw gramma in the backseat sedan to boot.

Last edited:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I see the RS6 around, sedan and wagon - it's so impossibly underwhelming, it really does represent a true sleeper. So boring looking that I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy it, really.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I see the RS6 around, sedan and wagon - it's so impossibly underwhelming, it really does represent a true sleeper. So boring looking that I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy it, really.

You must be confusing the S6 or older RS6's not the 2008+ C6 version which never made it to the US. And, yes, both of those are probably underwhelming visually given their performance (the S6 because of Audi's traditional visual understatement, and the older R6s because of the model age).

From the RS6 wikipedia article :

The RS6 was not available in North America, leaving the S6 as the top performing trim in that region. ... It has been rumored that the RS6 saloon/sedan would be offered in the United States,[9] however nothing came of this as the RS6 importer could not clear US regulations.[10] Production of the C6 RS6 ended in third quarter of 2010.[11]

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads