1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

but Audi a good bit better than BMW
    and it varies by ranking method, over all mechanical quality Audi outranks BMW and Porsche http://www.jdpower.com/consumer-ratings/ratings.htm?industry=Autos&category=Quality&study=909201119

if you go by overall quality design, Audi way ahead of MB and BMW http://www.jdpower.com/consumer-ratings/ratings.htm?industry=Autos&category=Quality&study=909201119

2. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Audi sells cars in the same segments as MB and BMW with 10-30% less power for like 10-30% less money - you can't pit sales numbers here because most people buy cars with their wallets and are not car people.

3. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

looks like it came to Canada in 2005 and the US in 2006

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The A8 is a big car no matter how you look at it. Don't kid yourself. Plus the SUV phenomenon in the US is done, haven't you seen all these compact cars (Mini, SmartCar, Fiat, Scion IQ, etc...)? Every car manufacturer are making this and will be more common

And say 20" is only 10% increase but 10%/20" is big increase, it's also wide. I'm 5"10, give me a 10% more height and I'd be 6''5', terrible analogy but you see where I am going. Stop being blinded by the car you drive and get off Audis nuts.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It's 2012 and by my calculation, that is longer than 5 years while you said it's less than 5 years. So whats your point?

6. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

actually in Germany (and the US prices are similar)
    US base cars
    A8 78k
    740i 71k
    S350 92k

in this segment money is secondary to desire

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  7. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

so you can count...good boy
    you figured out the model sequence, 1,2 ,3 ....soon you won't need to use your fingers anymore
    I guess you win the internet smart ass contest, good for you, I knew you were a whiner

8. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

I'm not 'kidding myself'
    I think I have all the size and proportion thing figured out thank you
    10% is not a big increase in any known mathematical or order of magnitude sense

you're correct on one thing, a terrible analogy
    no one is 'blinded' by anything or hanging off a corp. entities testes (is that even possible? you would know)
    so back off the back handed insults you little twit (see, direct, not back handed) and keep your drivel to yourself

you sure talk alot about mens sex organs

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It also depends where you live because as you said, in Japan an M3 cost the same (or close) as a 911.

Are you serious with this? MB still got better overall "circles". And yeah Audi has one circle more than BMW and Benz but BMW is better in powertrain and everything else is tied, while MB is better or has more "circles" in almost every other category. So again, what the hell is your point? The chart still shows MB is better and Auid and BMW are tied.
    [​IMG]

10. Cedric

Cedric Senior member

What ever you do, stay away from Audis.
    I dont read JDpower reports or anything any of the media has to say, they only test brand new cars.
    I am around cars and in garages a lot, in the last 3 years i owned an B6 A4 1.8T, a B6 A4 Convertible 3.0, A6 4.2 , i love the looks and interior of Audis, but i am done with that brand.

My B6 A4 gave me the least troubles, the rest were all a waste of money. Thank God i got my money back when i resold or broke even.

I buy cars to export or resell.

Authur PE, have you done the carbon cleaning on your RS4? It is an absolute must on these engines.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Arguments just become more idiotic by the second. Taking everything literally? And a sly homophobic remark? Really? Fuck I thought I was talking to an adult? And you call me the whiner? :lol: Get over it, Audi is bland and boring and looks very similar across all it's platform. It isn't the best in quality or looks or sales. Simple as that. Just because you have an RS4 doesn't mean you have to defend it's honor, just enjoy your car and stop worrying what other think of it.

12. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Audi has always been a luxury vw and resent years become the car of choice for the "less desirable" bmw drivers.

I'm not keen on the new a6, it's an odd mixture of things, the dash is very nice though.

The A3 SB (8P) was launch in 03/04 and from my knowledge the only model you guys get, so it must have been around that time, it also made as a 3 door exec. compact in europe based on the golf.

I believe the old 1 series was launched in 06 or 07, as it was updated last fall.

13. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

what's your point

you need to learn to use the tool to change catagories, thus the ranking for each catagory are put in order
    when you select the catagorie, there is a numerical score associated with each, so if 2 have 3 circles but if one is ahead of the other its score is higher

now simmer down skippy, you're engaged in some sort of internet frenzy " I'll show you " self loathing

[​IMG]

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Idiot, you're guilty of the same thing. :crackup:

15. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

'less desirable'? by whom, society? BMW as a customer? you?
    what does that even mean? some sort of class or value judgement, lol
    what is the difference between a porcupine and a BMW? pricks are on the inside of the BMW

Quote:
    we are arguing? ok
    really, "cuss" I though I was talking to a human
    you are the one talking about nuts and hanging off them, it would never cross my mind to insult someone like that...and it's got nothing to do with being gay or homophobic (funny you would say that), just that you are visualizing testes, thats all

if it walks alike a duck, and quacks like a duck, well, err...

oh my, you've insulted my car brand/choice, oh woe is me, what ever shall I do,,,I guess you told me
    you seem to be 'worrying' (again, a very strange choice of words) more about it than I..
    now,simmer down sonny before you blow a gasket or something

16. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

my feces has a higher IQ than you do, and I'm the 'idiot'
    'guilty'? of what

I pulled mine at 60k miles, no build up
    in fact Audi pulled it and let me take pics
    I also dyno'ed and timed it before and after, no difference
    this confirms Audis' testing

BMW, MB, Ferrari, Porsche, etc. all use DI and inlet valve deposits will be greater than on a port injected engine
    no worries, inconsequential in any case

17. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

How shall I put the this without offending people and end up the head of dead horse in my bed.

Your joke pretty much summons it up, the joke should just be audi now, also all the wanna be gangsters, who used to drive bmw and mb, now drives audi and vw, why things have changed is a good question, but they have.

18. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

nope, still BMW, 'cocks' as clarkson puts it

'gangsters'?
    they drive caddy's, MB and BMW's with big chrome wheels here

no, they haven't changed, only in your 'opinion' which is like an @$$hole, everyone has one and they all stink
    [​IMG]

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  20. Arthur PE

Arthur PE Senior member

the only ranking that matters

The German magazine Men's Car found male BMW drivers said they had sex on average 2.2 times a week while Porsche drivers had sex 1.4 times a week.

Following BMW drivers were Audi (2.1), Volkswagen (1.9), Ford (1.7) and Mercedes (1.6).
    Drivers of non-German cars were also behind BMW: Italian cars (2), French (1.9), Japanese (1.8), Swedish (1.6) and Korean cars (1.5).

so BMW 5% better than Audi
    but Audi 30% better than MB and 45% better than Porsche