Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

2. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

Look...you can call the awards a joke. They may be. But, the point is that those autos were called f-ing garbage. The bottom line is they ARE NOT f-ing garbage. I am not offended. Everyone is entitled to opinion. I own Caddy and Audi (foreign). The new and even the 05 and 06 models mentioned are pretty groovy rides. You know when I could not afford Aldens I probably used every excuse why they were not worth the money....maybe I could not get over the fact that I was just embarrassed to admit I could not afford them! [​IMG]

I do, however, follow this. Comparing your hilariously depreciating mobile suckfests to Alden seems inappropriate. I'd say you just slipped your foot into a faux-lizard two-tone Enrico Guccini double monk, if anything, brother. Gucci shades up on your braids when you Escalade and all that, though. This that DUB edition.

3. dirk diggler

dirk diggler Senior member

This is poorly-written, seems irrelevant, and comes from a site that is frequently the punchline of jokes. I'm not following...?

I figured you would "appreciate" the article given the author's name was Audi. But beyond that, it appears that because we live in the world of the anonymous internet, it is quite easy to cast insults despite living in a glass house (ooops, my bad, no pun intended).

4. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

Who's knocking unions around here, eh ?

[​IMG]

5. Jl24

Jl24 Senior member

I must be the poorest guy here .... and yet I still love my car. [​IMG] I think girls want something more expensive though. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. dirk diggler

dirk diggler Senior member

[​IMG]
    Look...you can call the awards a joke. They may be. But, the point is that those autos were called f-ing garbage. The bottom line is they ARE NOT f-ing garbage. I am not offended. Everyone is entitled to opinion. I own Caddy and Audi (foreign). The new and even the 05 and 06 models mentioned are pretty groovy rides. You know when I could not afford Aldens I probably used every excuse why they were not worth the money....maybe I could not get over the fact that I was just embarrassed to admit I could not afford them! [​IMG]

+1002[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

If that silver Acura is yours, than you don't have to worry. I have you beat with my 1995 Chevrolet Cavalier.[​IMG]

8. Mr. Checks

Mr. Checks Senior member

Funny...I guess I am one of those white collar guys who is actually on the internet ALL DAY.....You see to manage 30+ folks in 4 cities, cater to my 500-1000 clients in say 10 states all while trying to raise my two children while balancing a wife's career I think the internet is a neccessity that lets me breathe..I would not really call it playing. Dirk thanks for the articles. Brother what I could do with an extra THREE HOURS in a day!

Fair enough - And I would never begrudge you your success; you clearly earn it.

My point is that the autoworkers do too - maybe not all (and one can always find examples) - but the ones I know do, and I wouldn't trade my job for theirs for twice the pay.

9. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

There was this kid in RSX who decided to aggressively hop on my heels the other day. So I had to dispatch him to Spanksville [​IMG]
    BTW that model has a pretty decent steering feel for an Acura.

10. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

11. Asterix

Asterix Senior member

VW Phaeton W12 & LR Discovery II - Me
    Audi A8L - Wifey

12. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Audi A8L - Wifey

sick - love the phaeton

13. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Audi A8L - Wifey

You didn't happen to be parked at a large wine store in New Jersey in between Christmas and New Years by any chance?

14. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

The Phaeton is indeed a nice car. It sounds like it didn't sell too well in the USA, although I am not too suprised, given that many people can't appreciate an 80,000 USD VW.

15. Asterix

Asterix Senior member

sick - love the phaeton
    Best automobile I have ever had the privilege to own.