Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. celeste_pista

celeste_pista Senior member

The A3 we ordered back in mid-August is finally coming in next week and it is perfect timing for Christmas. Can't wait to see how the quattro stacks up against our Outback AWD in New England.

congrats on the new car...i think apples to apples you'd find quattro and subi awd to be pretty similar, but going from an outback (legacy wagon, i'm assuming) to an a3 will be a completely different driving experience. the a3 is a tight little handler and will feel like its on rails compared to the outback. B7 a4s and all a3s have that small car nimbleness that is tough to find outside of a true sports coupe these days...why i'd take a b7 a4/s4 over a b8 any day of the week.

for reference i drive an 07 a4 2.0tqm with a chip, hi-flow cat, and stasis coilovers. this will hold me over until I find an rs4. i will never drive anything but a subi or an audi (well, maybe a 911 but only in addition to one of those two).

2. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Senior member

I was about to break down and buy new tires for the winter beater Cherokee I picked up a couple months ago, but yesterday found a guy on craigslist selling a set of near-new Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors on alloy wheels for $200. [​IMG] Would have preferred Duratracs, but these were my second choice. Saved me $3-400 (not to mention the nicer, lighter rims).

What's your spring/summer car?

-LR

3. dcg

dcg Senior member

^Honda S2000

4. Ben85

Ben85 Senior member

not bad, is this the turbo version? I used to have one that was very reliable when i was tooling around the beaches of FL

Unfortunately it is not. I do plan on putting a turbo setup together over the winter though. They are super reliable, I love this car.

5. Mulch Diggums

Mulch Diggums Member

Today I drove a Ford Transit bus and a Volvo V50. The V50 was awesome while the bus was insanely big.

6. MarcInDentonTx

MarcInDentonTx Senior member

I broke down and bought a modern car for my 2 hour per day commute. It's quite nice. Adequate speed and very comfortable on the highway.

The engine is from the future (for me at least). Quad cam 32 valve 10:1 all alloy V8 with magnesium valve covers.

[​IMG]

I've got a 3 spoke euro M3 wheel on order, and the wheels will be jettisoned soon.

Love these cars..

7. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

One of the control arms. The lady hit me square on my front passenger side wheel which twisted and broke the front axle shaft and ripped the control arm right off of the frame. The entire front suspension was destroyed, both drive shafts twisted, front axle broke, rim bent, bumper destroyed, and a small dent in the rear corner panel. The rear suspension is likely damaged from all the twisting as well and the shop has yet to even put the Jeep up on the rack to see if there was any damage to the frame. I'm actually sort of hoping it's totaled so I can go from a 2008 to a 2011 but the fact that Wranglers don't lose value as quickly as other vehicles is probably going to stop that from happening. I should have turned into the impact a bit! [​IMG]
    Ow. Sorry, that sounds really nasty. What was the outcome?
    You'd understand if you'd hit a deer or something big, but it's the small ones that surprise you. A few years ago we had a pheasant fly out of a hedge right into the front/side of a car. Difficult material, several replacement parts needed, main dealer quoted £5000. Well-known independent charged £2000. .
    I think that is something that can only happen in the UK. Not enough ringnecks in the States. Heavy bird, unfortunately for that bill!
    Love these cars..
    I do, too -- but I admit I really don't like the notion of swapping an 8-Series' V-12 out for any V-8 mill. I understand the benefits, and the costs to keeping an old, and somewhat underpowered -12 running, but all the same. Though props to the OP for keeping an older car on the roads. ~ H

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

^ that car is an 840Ci with the M60 engine in it, it came that way and the car is largely stock except for the 540i Sport wheels (those are 3-piece, BBS manufacture) and the red calipers. The 840 was no slouch for the time either, it featured as Alec Baldwin's ride in Glengarry, Glen Ross. [​IMG]

9. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

^ that car is an 840Ci with the M60 engine in it, it came that way and the car is largely stock except for the 540i Sport wheels (those are 3-piece, BBS manufacture) and the red calipers. The 840 was no slouch for the time either, it featured as Alec Baldwin's ride in Glengarry, Glen Ross. [​IMG]
    Embarrassment, indeed. Interesting, though, and thanks for the correction. Apologies, OP! ~ H

10. cloudywater

cloudywater New Member

AutoTrader.com Simplicity \tvs. \tTypical Free Online Classified Ad
    Prominent ad placement without having to relist every day. \t\tYour ad drops farther down the search results with each new ad.
    Extensive search features so buyers can find the car they're looking for. \t\tKeyword search only - if you don't have the right keywords in your ad, buyers may not find you.
    It's easy to create an ad; we'll help you enter your car details, upload photos, review and post your listing. \t\tOffers little or no guidance.
    AutoTrader.com Expert Advice \tvs. \tTypical Free Online Classified Ad
    Expert selling advice from start to finish - including how to create an effective ad. \t\tNo selling articles.
    Our Fraud Watch team is ready to answer questions. \t\tNo fraud team for customers to call.
    Phone, online chat and email customer support. \t\tNo phone or online chat customer support.

11. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Senior member

12. .bishop

.bishop Senior member

13. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

nice photoshop

x2

14. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Senior member

My bad on the wrong picture. Non photoshop, just some processing: [​IMG]

15. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

Got to say I have been really wanting to get a few new cars. Sadly I have to many and I am trying to sell a few and it's taking forever.

I am secretly bidding on a grey market XJ 12 without letting my fiance know. If I win I am wondering where the hell I am gonna put it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]