• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is how progress works. ;)

Only problem is limited numbers resulting in hyper inflated market adjustments and no black option.

And you will never get near one, as all of them are pre-sold to 918 owners. Porsches and Nikes businessmodels are getting more and more alike.

I know a guy who is on the wait list for one, he was one of 7 to get a GT3 RS in the country, so he has a good chance to get the R as well.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My theory is that they didn't realize how much people would hate their decision to make the GT3 PDK only, so they scrambled to make this one

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings. I am pretty sure I will like Harris and Schmitz. If LeBlanc is car guy Joey, I think I'll like him too. I don't know anything about the others (I know Eddie Jordan but have no idea what his personality is like). I feel like the first three have a shot at developing good chemistry, but if Evans is the incompetent dickhead that Jalopnik keeps telling us he is, then it's not going to work

SomethingWitty

Reaction score
God damn this has sexy written all over it. Proper gearbox, old school cloth on seats, green instrumentation and my favorite door handle straps. Lack of a wing is pretty great too. I would cop this.

I love how there's this dichotomy of objectives that porsche has created as if purists don't track. GT3 is now a track car and the R is a street car, instead of simply offering the gt3 in manual like it's always been, ******* idiotic. How many times did he emphasize it was for the street.

Only problem is limited numbers resulting in hyper inflated market adjustments and no black option.

Black is one of the optional colors.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings. I am pretty sure I will like Harris and Schmitz. If LeBlanc is car guy Joey, I think I'll like him too. I don't know anything about the others (I know Eddie Jordan but have no idea what his personality is like). I feel like the first three have a shot at developing good chemistry, but if Evans is the incompetent dickhead that Jalopnik keeps telling us he is, then it's not going to work

LeBlanc was interesting when he was a 'Star in a reasonably priced car'. He didn't come off as Joey to me which will hopefully continue on the new show if it is worth watching.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Leblanc is a car guy and his lap was one of the fastest on the board. I believe he has done some real racing as well.

Evans being a dickhead is public knowledge in the UK.

@somethingwitty blackoptics = black trim, not black car.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least we have The Monkey:

and the Queen:

to entertain us for certain.

LeBlanc should be funny:

Jordan should be good on the technical stuff and the coverage. He probably also knows the history of top level motorsports (not just his period) better than anyone else on the team. He is getting older though, so driving roles will be interesting

----
I don't know anything about Rory Reid
----

I just want to punch this:

Last edited:

SomethingWitty

Reaction score
Leblanc is a car guy and his lap was one of the fastest on the board. I believe he has done some real racing as well.

Evans being a dickhead is public knowledge in the UK.

@somethingwitty blackoptics = black trim, not black car.
No, black car. An associate (918 VIP) placed his order yesterday.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never understood that car. Unless you really wanted show to off how have you paid more for a paint code. Why would they have it a better warranty? No other car companies do that within their fleet.

Incidentally I saw a pretty rare car - tonight an AMG E63. I first noticed the split tailpipes and saw it noticed it badge deleted and thought of this thread. I don't like badge deletes on low end cars (or the guy above's additions). On high end cars like this one or Porsches, etc, I see the deletion as fine if the owner wants to keep the look cleaner.

I figured the original owner would have at least extended the warranty before hitting 50k

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
i had meant a V6 or inline-6.

The wife has a picture of me in front of an old caddy with a V16. Its hanging in our house. The topic of crazy engines/cars came up one day and I pointed to it and said something like "Like that car/engine" It kinda caught her off guard as she had no idea what I was standing in front of. After I told her that it was a rare V16 engine she realized why I had her take the picture with me in it. The confusion with the V16 just reminded me of it.

The caddy I took a pic in front of is in the San Diego auto museum.

I guess all of this doesnt count because it is not a car I drive.

Last edited:

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

God damn this has sexy written all over it. Proper gearbox, old school cloth on seats, green instrumentation and my favorite door handle straps. Lack of a wing is pretty great too. I would cop this.

I love how there's this dichotomy of objectives that porsche has created as if purists don't track. GT3 is now a track car and the R is a street car, instead of simply offering the gt3 in manual like it's always been, ******* idiotic. How many times did he emphasize it was for the street.

The dichotomy is wrong. It is going to the track for fun vs racing. If you are racing, you are going to get the GT3 since those split second shifts are going to matter. If you are a manual enthusiast and don't care about optimizing every last millisecond, then you get the R.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads