1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. jet

jet Senior member

Lexus grills are extremely offensive looking followed by the shitty grills audi has adopted in recent years.

2 people like this.
  2. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Hahah, yes! Do it.
    You are though... There's nothing wrong with that. This thread is bmw-bj after all lol.
    You rebel, you.

I've actually never driven a wrx... or a turbo subaru for that matter.

And that mental image is hilarious.

3. ridethecliche

Bought parts for a 'budget' DIY suspension setup. Paid about 750-800 dollars all parts included. Wtf am I doing lol.

But hey! DIY Coilovers with helper springs should be pretty clutch! I sold off some stuff that I didn't really need, like a lightened flywheel.

I'm picking up some wheels and a few suspension things this weekend from a racer that's unloading stuff. At that point, I will officially have all the parts I wanted from this build and I didn't totally destroy my budget. Still have a few things left to sell that should net 300-500 depending on what I end up deciding to do.

2 people like this.
  4. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Saw one of these Maserati Levante SUVs on my way into work this morning. Looks like an Infiniti from the back and a front only the original designer could love.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

[​IMG]

that thing looks like a Nissan juke got down with a Renault 4GTL.

1 person likes this.
  6. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

That thing is so damn homely!!! However, I'm sure some wealthy soccer mom's who just care about brand names will buy them.

7. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I saw one of those in my rearview while driving near my hood. I knew instantly that it was incredibly ugly and kept an eye after I had pulled over to a parking spot. Sure enough, an assault on the eyes. Not quite as bad as the Bentayga though...

Replaced all 4 rotors and pads just before the winter. Wasn't able to get a full detail in before the cold hit, so the finish on my paint has been suffering a bit more than I'd like during the winter beating. I'll need to give it a pampering in the spring along with an oil change, likely in the late April time frame.

Just hit 90k miles and still running like a dream other than the indicator light on the driver's-side heated seat switch gone out.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Ghiblis are just as ugly and it looks like they're selling a ton of them. So I think the last part of your post is true

9. SirReveller

SirReveller Senior member

10. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

If there is any divine justice, somewhere there is a soccer mom forum car thread where they complain about the dudes here.

Something like:

DiadoraUmbroJanet: ugh, got passed in a parking lot today by another one of those childless, middle-aged stlyeforum dudes. I was suspicious when I saw the monogrammed cuff with contrasting buttonholes (for real) as he flipped me off on his way to the furthest corner of an empty parking lot to stash his midlife crisis red Porsche (pronounced portia don 'cha know) Cayman - because he's not man enough to get a 911R. The dead giveaway though was seeing him strutting through the parking lot being careful not to get any dirt on his Allen Edmonds "seconds" while checking himself out in every mirror he could find. Of course this being the seventh circle of hel, I also ran into this dork by the bathrooms where he was probably taking a selfie to show off his sick fadez. The good news is most of these #mensstyle guys are too self-absorbed to procreate so this is just a temporary societal ill.

7 people like this.
  11. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I saw one yesterday. I was going to recommend it to @Piobaire for his next douchemobile.

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Too small.

13. brokencycle

TWSS.

4 people like this.
  14. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

erm, @RTC, i have 2 perfect rebuilt IHI Turbos here. i promise better than you got. off the 300+hp Leggy we are scrapping tomorrow.plan to get them off the engine before they take it. figured one of these alone should bump your power with decent response. simple question. "Do you want fresh Turbos from Japan?"

cost you postage and a Starter pro line jacket.

also, if i do go next level on my car.... my VF29 IHI Ball bearing turbo will be a spare part. [​IMG]

trying to share the parts.

1 person likes this.
  15. jet

jet Senior member

Because they're cheap, a buddy of mine just got one not a bad looking car.

16. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

I don't mind them. Maserati is pushing the leases on them pretty hard. They sound great as well.

17. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

One of the neighbours in my building has one. It looks pretty douchey to me, but my opinion may be influenced by the fact that the driver parks like a fuckwad. It's regularly either taking up one of the limited guest spots or straddling the divider line and encroaching on my fiancee's spot (which is especially annoying because she needs to be able to fully open her door to get a toddler out of the car seat).

1 person likes this.
  18. brokencycle

So what you're saying is it is perfect for Pio?

1 person likes this.
  19. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

Generally, in my area there have been big discounts on Ghiblis and QPs. Although I see a fair number of them on the road... local dealers have huge stocks of them they struggle to move. They sound great, but I think most people are afraid of their reliability/durability as daily drivers. A friend bought a Quattorporte GTS around 2008/2009 and his probably spent the 4 out of the first 9 months going back and forth to the dealer for warranty work. Once they got it sorted out, he really enjoyed it, but I would have found the experience too annoying for a daily driver.

20. ridethecliche

Turbo's don't fit. Wrong style of manifold.

It's fine. The Garett 2560 I have is pretty much perfect for this application. Should see me to 300hp if/when I decide to do an engine build. The limiting factor at that point will be a 3 inch exhaust from the downpipe back. Even just swapping the muffler setup to a 3 inch exit should help a ton. I don't really see the point of that right now though. Maybe in the future but... meh.

Buying suspension and having it sent here might have been a decent idea at this price, but I'm pretty stoked with what I'm going to make.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017