• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Time to put on your big boy pents and get Mrs. Piob a Model X. The all-around visibility in that car is ungodly.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You really need to choose your words selling the model x to your wife.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

You really need to choose your words selling the model x to your wife.

Not interested in the least at the moment. We'll go E one day but the value for the tech just isn't there right now in my opinion.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still love Elon has some wine with friends at dinner and decides the lineup should be called S3XY. The word is obvious, but he did it knowing Ford would sue them for using E, but 3 was an inverted f-u to them and also represented the third car they made and the Y is a take on 'why not?'

Also, surprised if GF has driven an X. I'll be driving one on the 18th. I'm going in with a completely open mind. It's with a friend of mine and she's the only woman who has driven my S and does her due diligence down to a t.

I want her to make a choice. The other conventional SAV/SUVs she's considering in that price class are the usual suspects that I'm sure piob or hroi can nail.

Last edited:

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not interested in the least at the moment. We'll go E one day but the value for the tech just isn't there right now in my opinion.

I completely agree on this. It's just supporting the company and the technology. Per car, you'll meet more douchebags that drive a Prius or a Corvette than a Model S.

Model S drivers generally tend to be well adjusted people that did reasonably well in life and wanted something that was cool. Teslas make sense in some use cases: the TCO makes sense (which it can if you have a family) or you just want something that you grew up wishing existed (dork me + a girlfriend and no kids).

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GF, you test drive it?

Y.. yes.

On YouTube!

happy.gif

shog[1].gif

IT WAS A POV VIDEO SO IT WAS PRACTICALLY IRL. LICK DEEZ NUTS!

Last edited:

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should probably go in for a test drive of an X and/or an S before I cash in my deposit but can't justify the time suck.

As to Piob's point, the beauty of the Tesla product strategy is that they're competing against similarly poor value propositions until they can get the gigafactory to bring down the cost of batteries. Although I don't think Model S or X represent "good value" I think they certainly do compared to the conventional competition at their price point. While I am not enamored with some aspects of the interior finish, there's no way I'd buy any of the competition selling at that price point. That's probably the reason I never see new 7 series, S-class, a8s or Panameras on the road but Model S's are a dime a dozen here. Similarly, I would expect anyone looking at well optioned Cayennes, Q7s and X5s are going to end up in Model X's. The exception here of course is people who really need the X to get to Tahoe and don't want to rely on superchargers, which I completely understand.

I would never consider any of those other cars, but like many Tesla customers (for largely the reasons stated by ramuman above), Tesla is the only manufacturer making a people hauler that could convince me to part with $80k+. Of course, I say that knowing full well I'm not getting any Tesla right now, but that's largely because I live in the city now and don't drive to work. I'm actually amazed how many people I know or see in these parts that have Model S's for the cool factor and not because they need a large family sedan or drive a lot.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Tesla is the only manufacturer making a people hauler that could convince me to part with $80k+.

The SUV is more like 110-120k nicely optioned, no? I know the "Signature series" was over 130k.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My fantasy car in HS was the MR2 Turbo. Bought that ****** right after graduating college.

Well, the Ferrari F355 was the other one. Still mulling over that one

i got my evo as soon as i got my first raise

still waiting on the $$ for a gt-r

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads