1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  2. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Senior member

I have a deal on the table to sell my X1 and hoping to wrap it up early in the week. Soon after will be picking up an Outback although somewhat tempted to wait a few months and see if they address anything in the 2018 refresh - primarily want more HP, Apple Carplay and parking sensors. Don't think my wife would be willing to wait until the summer though. I have a feeling the next generation will have all 3 but that's not for a few more years.

Any of you guys Subaru ambassadors?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  3. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

doubt you will have more hp in the new model. priorities are for economy these days. but cars like the new outbacks? still have enough power to get where they are going. in almost any road conditions. and are plenty comfortable.

1 person likes this.
  4. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Are you looking for discounts via the ambassadors? If so, PM me. I have a few friends in the area that probably have the stuff for that.

If you want the HP, I'd get a Fozzie XT.

1 person likes this.
  5. Medwed

Medwed Senior member

Boston->NYC->Helsinki->St.-Petersburg->Budapest->A
    Feb. 10, Paris, Lot.87
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    5 people like this.
  6. EvaNorrman

EvaNorrman Member

The cars we drive say a lot about us. :D

7. Dino944

Dino944 Senior member

The interior is beautiful, but I think the exterior of the finished product, the Dino 206GT & 246GT/GTS are far more attractive. Still, I'm sure this will fetch some serious money from a collector who wants something no one else has.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  8. gong

gong Senior member

seriously thinking about picking up a 2017 GTI SE. dealer around me has them for 25k. 6MT. [​IMG]

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I don't have the best handle on the VW market, but isn't that cheap for a new GTi? Fallout from the diesel scandal?

10. otc

otc Senior member

Seems cheap...but you can't get the plaid seats in the SE... so...probably not worth it.

11. gong

gong Senior member

the whole point is i don't want the plaid seats

yeah the dealership is marking them down 5k across the board. you can get a base one for 21k

12. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

I only paid $21.6k for my base 6MT in 2012 so maybe a little diesel-gate. The new ones only come in 4dr as well but that was the better selling model once it was offered.

13. yorkshire pud

yorkshire pud Senior member

They make a 3 door and a 5 door version of the mk7 VW Golf GTI. They just might not sell them stateside??

Avoid the DSG gearbox if you plan on keeping one after the warranty expires.

There is a slightly crazy VW Golf GTI clubsport S version with 310hp and trick suspension and tyres and manual box :)

14. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

We only get the 4dr stateside and a "performance package" option with 10hp more. You have to go for the Golf R for anything crazy over here but then you bump into another price category where the competition is tough and leans towards the Ford Focus RS.

15. yorkshire pud

yorkshire pud Senior member

Yep, I thought it would be a territory type thing.

We are lucky in the UK (as far as hot hatches go at least), we get loads of special editions aimed at us and loads of choice in the used market. I suppose it's down to the peculiarities of our road network and tax that this type of car has more or less killed the more traditional sports car market :)

1 person likes this.
  16. Thrift Vader

Yesterday while I was out shopping, some super rare Enkei wheels with Advan tires showed up in a message from my wife.
    (Pics of those later.)

But an hour later,another message.
    A mysterious package from China.
    It was a digital tire tread gauge!
    [​IMG]

Sent as a thank you gift from SF member @hansderhund, for giving used car shopping advice.
    Thanks! An interesting tool I didn't have. Helping was fun.but getting a gift for it was just as fun.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    5 people like this.
  17. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

I didn't even know a digital tire tread gushed existed.

1 person likes this.
  18. Thrift Vader

typing on your phone? [​IMG]

me neither. cool gadget. when i go shopping for used tires, i can check the tread myself, instead of eyeballing it.
    Styleforum is awesome.

been buying a lot of items recently, trying to get the old car back into fighting form.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  19. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Might as well be my phone. I was using my iPad.

1 person likes this.
  20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Saw a brand new S90 Volvo on the way into work this morning. Man, the Ford design influence is still big at Volvo. I thought it was a new Mustang when I came up behind it and it resembles a 'Stang from all angles.