Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Please Respond

Please Respond Well-Known Member

well as much as you'd need to porsches i'd imagine. They're both beautiful PR!

Hey Thanks.. I've had the 993 since 2000 and it's been somewhat converted to a track car. You wouldn't be able to tell by looking but it's not setup for the streets of LA. Has a sport clutch, light weight flywheel, coilovers, etc.

So the Turbo was acquired for local/weekend enjoyment and the 993 is my track workhorse. That's why I have both. Thinking about selling the Turbo though. Too many toys, not enough time.

2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Love the 993 (would love it even more without the aero kit, however).

3. Please Respond

Love the 993 (would love it even more without the aero kit, however).

Thanks, but, you crazy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's the aero kit that pulls the look of the car together. The 993 Carrera S sans aerokit has always felt "incomplete" to me.

Granted I removed the front bumperettes and installed the Turbo S brake ducts and also went with euro, white turn signals. But that was a no briainer. Kept the wheels stock, 993 Turbo S Hollow Spokes, 18".

I wouldn't do anything to change the appearance of the car from the way it is right now, interior and exterior.

911's with fat asses should have whale tails [​IMG]

I just wish it had another 150hp.

4. rjakapeanut

rjakapeanut Senior member

this nigga has 2 porsches.

ballin.

5. jet

jet Persian Bro

Not a fan of 997 turbos and would prefer the 993 to be a turbo or turbo s.

6. Yimmy1234

Yimmy1234 Member

7. amstokesdb9

amstokesdb9 Senior member

Thanks, but, you crazy:

It's the aero kit that pulls the look of the car together. The 993 Carrera S sans aerokit has always felt "incomplete" to me.

911's with fat asses should have whale tails [​IMG]

I just wish it had another 150hp.

+1 the side view with that aero kit is so perfect

8. Please Respond

Not a fan of 997 turbos and would prefer the 993 to be a turbo or turbo s.
    Okay, jet, I'll play along. So, are you not a fan of the 997 in general? Or just adverse to the 997 Turbo? Why? Looks? Performance? Please expand. And as far as the 993, do you prefer the turbo variation for the additional hp or the AWD? Also, the 993 Turbo S, is it the performance increase that you appreciate or aesthetic? Are you a track guy? What's your whip?

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

Okay, jet, I'll play along.

So, are you not a fan of the 997 in general? Or just adverse to the 997 Turbo? Why? Looks? Performance? Please expand.

And as far as the 993, do you prefer the turbo variation for the additional hp or the AWD?
    Also, the 993 Turbo S, is it the performance increase that you appreciate or aesthetic?

Are you a track guy? What's your whip?

1. love 997s, prefer c2s, gt3, gt2 over regular turbo which is LA soccer dad's choice of transport
    2. 993 turbo was far more insane than the diluted 997tt (plus I hate how it looks), 993 turbo s is the best of the best
    3. used to be, e46 m3 with remote reservoir suspension corner-balanced with track alignment

10. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

1. love 997s, prefer c2s, gt3, gt2 over regular turbo which is LA soccer dad's choice of transport
    2. 993 turbo was far more insane than the diluted 997tt (plus I hate how it looks), 993 turbo s is the best of the best
    3. used to be, e46 m3 with remote reservoir suspension corner-balanced with track alignment

what is it now?

11. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

+1 the side view with that aero kit is so perfect
    Blah. Looks way cleaner without the kit (IMO). Leave the tail for the Turbo's. [​IMG] And here's a silver one for comparison's sake: [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

what is it now?

now I'm a street guy

13. Please Respond

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Without aerokit is sex
    With aerokit is threesome.

14. Please Respond

now I'm a street guy

993 turbo is an awesome car but for a dedicated track car, I actually prefer a naturally aspirated. At only 282hp, you have to work a lot harder to chase, capture and pass. High HP cars are great for masking mistakes on a track, smash the throttle and hold on, don't worry about this miss apexed or pinched track out. Yeah, I would like more HP in the 993 but am also glad I don't have the AWD on the 993 cause it's a lot more fun without it.

The 997 Turbo is a little bit too refined for my taste. I wouldn't call it an LA soccer dad mobile, I'll reserve that classification for the Bimmer 3.0 liter and Audi "A" guys. The Turbo puts down 0-60 in 3.7sec and slices Mulholland like no other car I've ever driven. The biggest draw back, it's too easy to drive and drive fast.

I've tossed around the idea of selling both and getting a GT3RS but no one will let me sell the 993. I happen to have a pristine model, have had it for nearly ten years and the guys who work on it tell me it's one of the best they've ever driven. I just can't bring myself to put it up for sale.

p.s. I also like ///M cars. My daily driver:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What does, "Now I'm a street guy" mean? Ricer?

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

Not into the track anymore unless I got a gt3.