1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Jorgeezy

Jorgeezy Senior member

^ Awesome.

I'm so excited to drive! Insurance starts at midnight on Friday 13th (I have already passed my test just waiting for insurance)

2. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

you know I love to troll you in a douchebaggy overprivledged way pio! I know you're a hardworking good ol' Canadian boy!

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

if I'm paying a shitload for a pickup truck, it better be a Raptor ;)

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

not sure about that color scheme in the interior... but they should move the license plate indent into the trunk, and simply call this the '5 series' and restore my faith in humanity.

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I agree, it looks like the 5 series to me. Nice interior though.

6. impolyt_one

the side profile has a slightly lithe, more angular look that recalls the e28, and the body is aggressive without overdoing it - the old hallmarks of a BMW. New BMW styling touches like 'power humps' the one-face M car look, the shit-lazy abstract curved headlights, and the need to put those side gills on everything M - getting kinda :confused:

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

The new generation M5 looks beautiful in it's own right and the reviews have been great considering how horrible the drive of the last/current gen M5.
    [​IMG]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

8. impolyt_one

I have a hard time calling that beautiful, man. That has all the beauty of a walrus.

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Well you do like the E60 M5, which looks horrendous to me so I can see why we're on the opposite end of the spectrum here. I'm not a huge big sedan fan but the new M5 looks good to me.

10. Cedric

Cedric Senior member

I never heard people say anything negative about the old M5, other than the horrible fuel economy.
    That's a first.

That car will be a BMW classic, top 5 best sounding cars of all time.

11. KurtS90

KurtS90 Senior member

Cars of today are just ugly... I stick with the classics with character of oil stains and small electrical fires.

~Kurt

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I know you love me. I just like to continue to draw the distinction between us. :laugh:

:cheers:

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It's a very nice sounding vehicle, I give you that but I absolutely hated it when I drove it and I'm usually a BMW fan. Maybe I really am just not a big fan of huge sedans and this particular M5 just looks like an eye sore to me. From the ugly taillights to the overall size of the vehicle, it just looks more bulky than slick and screams "look at me!"

14. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Senior member

I loved driving the M5. Taking a curve in that thing at a somewhat high speed was one of my biggest thrills.

15. impolyt_one

I don't really like the E60 so much, but I don't really think it's any uglier or prettier than the F10 or any other non-exotic car right now either, unfortunately. Car designs are ugly all around.

16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'm with you, too many "futuristic" cars are being produced that will just look dated faster than expected. But there are some that still looks good. Like the E92, it's just looks good both on the showroon and on the road. The car is what, 5 years old now and I can see myself driving that car 10 years from now. Just like the E46, I'd love to drive one of those til this day. Audi's A5/S5 is a beauty, I wish Lexus and Benz took some notes make their less expensive vehicles. The CLS and penis extension SLS are still my favorites though.

I'm also not for cars becoming bigger or wider but the new 991 is pretty damn nice. It had to grow on me a bit but it looked great when I saw it in person. Do people still consider Porsche's exotic these days?

17. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Anyone familiar with car purchase negotiations? Dealer has a used car (or a different marque) they took on trade-in 2 months ago. They say they just dropped the price. They offered me an out-the-door price including taxes and whatever bullshit fees they tack on. I am OK with the price but I would feel like a sucker taking the bait that easily. I countered with $3k less than asking, which after tax and everything puts us only about $1,300 apart. The salesman took the offer to the GM and came back a few minutes later saying no. Not even a counter-offer. I just got up and left. What's my move? Wait a few days to see if they call back? Or do I just say fuck it and buy the damn thing? I'm just wondering why they wouldn't counter my offer.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Give them a week or two and see if they call back to take your offer or meet you in the middle.

19. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Details about the car?

20. impolyt_one

I don't think a Porsche is exotic, maybe some of the 911 GT series like the GT2, or GT3 RS, definitely the C-GT, but most of them, not really. The V6 Cayenne on the base 17"s is like the car equivalent of a designer logo tee. :lol: