Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. A Y

A Y Senior member

those wheels are good looking:
    [​IMG]

Those are pretty ugly, but he gets street cred for taking the photo at the Ring.

--Andre

2. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

A few pics of friend's cars ......... some of the pics are old and had heavy editing due to a learning curve I was dealing with. Thanks for indulging me! [​IMG] The Montego Blue had gone thru 3 styles of wheels before selling the car. His Audi is below. [​IMG] A video clip of friend's S4 after the exhaust was changed out (don't recall the brand he went to):
    Just photographically, I think this is a great shot.
    Huntsman, I think some NEEZ '7model' would look good on your car, they resemble CSL wheels but are forged in Japan (at the same foundry that makes a lot of other highline wheels, like the Champion Motorsports products, etc), and are not terribly priced. http://neezinternational.com/product01.html One of my favorite wheels for current BMWs is the ACS Type V monoblock, but I can't really tell how it looks on the Z4MC with this ass-ugly kit and paintjob. They look incredible on the M5/6, FWIW, and have a bit of aesthetic connection to the M6 wheels. These are forged and more like 25% of your cars value. [​IMG] [​IMG] Alpina, for a more conservative look. These are expensive for a cast wheel, but nowhere near the $10K Schnitzers. FWIW I like BBS' but don't buy the US-market cast wheels, get the forged ones from Japan, they're by Rays.
    Impolyt, I admit I like the Schnitzers on the Coupe. They look pretty good there, unlike on the M3 below. The Alpinas are just too busy for me. Like fork tines. The NEEZ 7's are ok, but very BBS-like. If I put BBS on the car, I'd like it not to look like it, which I admit I associate with far to many golden rims on wierd-ass cars.
    those wheels are good looking: [​IMG]
    Geez, I think they're awful on the '3, 'Ring regardles -- that's just geography.
    Wow, did I ever get some shit started here. Feels like another BMW war goin' on ...... Lol
    You know how it goes, I suppose. I know nothing about any of this, really. I bought my Coupe because I wanted a fast and beautiful car that was not a GT like my Jag. I wanted something more aggressive. One of the few Coupes I was looking at had the repro M6 wheels on it, and I thought they looked awesome on the car. Still do. Probably will stay with, as no alternative I can find beats them. As an aside, I wish you were less than several thousand miles from me, I'd bring you my car for a detail. As a full time professional and full time student, I just don't have the time. I just physically don't have the time to polish out the car for the first time. And I want to so badly. Interlagos is a beautiful blue. ~H

3. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

i drive a vw golf
    [​IMG]

4. sonick

sonick Senior member

Got a ski rack off Craigslist for upcoming season... Lookin' so 80's euro: [​IMG]

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

i drive a vw golf
    [​IMG]

^^^One of the best cars I've ever had.

6. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

i drive a vw golf
    [​IMG]

What year? I had an '89 Golf at one point. 8v with the 5 speed. That car was amazing - reliable as all hell. It had 280k on it when I got it and I put another 35-40k on it. I sold it and it was still going. I just did basic maintenance. The Mk2s are my favorite generation of Golfs, but like most pre 1995 Euros, they rusted pretty quickly. It took me a long time to find one in decent shape.

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

drove s4 and s5, can't decide

8. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

To me the S4 is a better looking car. 2 more doors makes it more practical. What are you going to use it for?

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

You're a baller. The simple answer is "both."

10. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

s5. The car looks really good.

11. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

dicking around mostly.

To me the S4 is a better looking car. 2 more doors makes it more practical. What are you going to use it for?

12. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Saw a beautiful Maserati Grantourismo this weekend. That car looks much better in person than in pics.

13. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

i drive a vw golf
    [​IMG]

i'm an audi/vw addict myself. Gramps had a performance aircooled shop so i have had tons of vw's both water and aircooled. Last project was 69 beetle slammed and eggshell black..very ratrod.

I had a mk2 golf RHD, very reliable..and they look awesome slammed on their bellies

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

dicking around mostly.
    Then the s5 would be a lot of fun. S4 is nice for sure, but the s5 is even better, IMO.

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

S5 is far better looking than the 4; I don't know if it's $60K good-looking, definitely not '$60K couple year old Carrera 2 good-looking' but it is alright.