Cars We Drive!

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Bert1568, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

i used to lease but i feel like it generally reeks of middle class excess. it's like you can afford to buy a civic so you lease a lexus.

I'm going to hazard a guess and say numbers are not your "thing"? [​IMG]

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

C63's are really popular around my parts. I like the exhaust note, but.... it's a C-class. [​IMG]

ya i know it's only for three years that doesn't really bother me driving a cheap class

What about an E46 M3? Edmunds long term test seemed positive (and they bought used). I want one when I leave NY

lol that's cute dawg

spot on, in fact he's a creative type who drives an audi [​IMG]

3. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

Wasn't referring to you, you make the sf starting salary iirc.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

ya i know it's only for three years that doesn't really bother me driving a cheap class

I've seen the new E63 around alot now, I gotta say it's pretty impressive and precision clean looking, it makes the C look boy racerish and tacked together. I figure leases on those aren't very good yet though, are they? The AMG E is probably one of my favorite German cars out right now.

5. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

kunk, get a set of 4 LP560-4 front wheels and tires for your whip.

6. jet

jet Persian Bro

I've seen the new E63 around alot now, I gotta say it's pretty impressive and precision clean looking, it makes the C look boy racerish and tacked together. I figure leases on those aren't very good yet though, are they? The AMG E is probably one of my favorite German cars out right now.

I've seen a few and can't get used to them, prefer the older body that just went out more. The reason I briefly considered the c63 is because I could get one for 15k off sticker. I've been keeping my options open lately but I think realistically a 335is is in my future since it has the n54.

7. rocks

rocks Senior member

^
    Why not the E92 M3? I have decided to keep driving my e46 and forget the E46 M3 and just get a CPO E92 ZCP 6sp in the next two years after the next generation M3 drops. At least there's no rumor of subframe problems on the e92 M and truth be told, the coupe with the cf roof has really grown on me. Plus rumor has it the next gen M3 will be turbo'ed so I think a v8 might be more my thing from a reliability standpoint. What do you think?

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

If I considered pre-owned I'd go 911S without a doubt but I'm just not that type of guy so that rules out the m3 used. I would go the new m3 route but 70k is just extortion for what you get and way too much for a 3 series (even the 335is is overpriced). There just isn't much separation b/w the regular 3er and the m3 on the e92 platform. If it were up to me I would keep the e46 it's just a much more visceral, raw experience. Even when I see a clean one to this day it evokes a sort of passion and beauty that is missing in all of the current offerings. I've actually always preferred the m technic bumpered 335 to the m3s bodywork and the tunability of the n54 is what sold me. Plus it is a little more exclusive than your standard 335 and the new single turbo variants aren't very appealing.

9. rocks

rocks Senior member

I see, I was lurking M3forum recently and read the same thing you resonated from folks who own the new M3 claiming it is not as raw as the E46 version. Many of these guys got rid of their E46 due to the sub-frame issue which they didn't want to have to eventually deal with. I will have to take a closer look at the 335is since I don't know anything about them. Either way I won't be buying another car till I get out of college in 2012. So far my car has 114k miles and it's been super reliable, nothing major other than 2 window regulators and expansion tank replaced this year.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

you're lucky, if it weren't for the sf issue I would be keeping mine still running strong at 122k spanking smg's all day

11. a bag of it

a bag of it Senior member

12. Piobaire

Wife got her new ML today. Old ML was already "inspected" and no charges. I put that in quotes as they signed off on it by looking out the dealership's window at it. [​IMG]

So, in three years we paid for MB's first two maint. visits at 25% off due to prepaying, which also gets third visit free. Waived lease turn in fee, they bought out last month of her current lease and there was zero excess wear and tear. MB Finance is so much better than having to deal with a brand that has US Bank, etc. buy their paper.

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Wife got her new ML today. Old ML was already "inspected" and no charges. I put that in quotes as they signed off on it by looking out the dealership's window at it. [​IMG]

So, in three years we paid for MB's first two maint. visits at 25% off due to prepaying, which also gets third visit free. Waived lease turn in fee, they bought out last month of her current lease and there was zero excess wear and tear. MB Finance is so much better than having to deal with a brand that has US Bank, etc. buy their paper.

Sounds good... Pics?

14. Piobaire

Sounds good... Pics?

Will try and snap one tomorrow. You've seen mine, the one that the guy going by user-something keeps calling so ugly.

[​IMG]

15. henrikc

henrikc Senior member

The color is great, and I can see why your wife wanted the same!