• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Criminey. I just put Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus's on my Grand Am and that was $900. And they are not cheap tires, by any means. What did you get?

Tire prices are somewhat proportional to their size: 19s > 18s > 17s. PS A/S are very expensive, but that sounds too expensive for, I assume, 16-inch tires. What were the tire sizes?

--Andre

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I usually pay about 1300 for ps2s, 1200 for re11s, 1100 for re01r etc think you got taken gnatty.

Probably, but after you posted that, I checked Tire Rack and they have PS2s for about $360 each. Add 9.25% sales tax, and you are at $1,600 before installation, road hazard insurance (a must on almost $400 tires) tire disposal, and ******* with the TPM in the valve stems. I am sure I paid a dealer premium, but then again, I probably could have saved a hundred bucks or so if I'd shopped around, but my time is too valuable for that ****.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^The total price you paid is in the ball park of what I usually pay for the p-car. Unfortunately, it's become an annual expense.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
In this thread: tires that cost $2100
In that other thread: cars that cost $2000

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
^^^The total price you paid is in the ball park of what I usually pay for the p-car. Unfortunately, it's become an annual expense.

That is the cross we must bear for having tires that cannot be rotated..
plain.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Criminey. I just put Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus's on my Grand Am and that was $900. And they are not cheap tires, by any means. What did you get?

~ H

What else? PS2s

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Just to stir up the h8rs here, red BMW 3-something coupe pulled up next to me this morning, at one of those intersections where you have two lanes at the light and quickly narrow back down to one. I was in the through lane, BMW had to merge.

Yeah, I smoked it.
laugh.gif

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
I am sure I paid a dealer premium, but then again, I probably could have saved a hundred bucks or so if I'd shopped around, but my time is too valuable for that ****.

It's not very hard if you want to try Tire Rack the next time you need tires. Order online and have the tires drop shipped to your favorite local shop --- Tire Rack has a list of recommended installers in your area. When the tires arrive, drop the car off, and have them installed. For my last tire change on the Porsche, which has TPMS, the total I paid the shop for labor, stems, and disposal was $100, but no tire insurance.

TR's hazard insurance for 19-inch PS2s for your car is $173, so the total for your tires installed should be around $1506+173+100 = $1779. That includes shipping for the tires, too.

Originally Posted by JayJay

Wow, how do you drive your car? I get between 20K and 30K miles from my PS2s on both vehicles, with track days on them, no rotation.

--Andre

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Wow, how do you drive your car? I get between 20K and 30K miles from my PS2s on both vehicles, with track days on them, no rotation.

--Andre

Are you serious? I got 16,000 miles out of mine, no tracking.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fewer burnouts?
tongue.gif

--Andre

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

Ya I don't normally pay much for install, tax, disposal etc and just tip the dude nice for not scratching my rims making sure he uses the italian tire changer instead of the hunter garbage (which is in the right hands is fine). I normally only get 10-12k if I don't track, don't care much for ps2s (plus sidewal flexes too much) since I been running potenzas.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Ya I don't normally pay much for install, tax, disposal etc and just tip the dude nice for not scratching my rims making sure he uses the italian tire changer instead of the hunter garbage (which is in the right hands is fine). I normally only get 10-12k if I don't track, don't care much for ps2s (plus sidewal flexes too much) since I been running potenzas.

What size wheels do you have?

I thought about the potenzas, but didn't follow through, although I might next time..

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
These were 19s, 245/35 fronts and 275/30 rears but keep in mind tire sizes vary between manufacturers. The pilots weren't crispy on turn in for me but they ride the best so if you're happne with them then I'd just stick with them until the next generation. The potenzas are excellent if you get the right ones like I mentioned, stiffer sidewall, reasonable ride, no tramlining, amazing dry and wet traction (hardly rains here so I don't care about that). If you want to add a bit of performance with a slight sacrifice in ride quality without doing anything else get the bstones. All depends on what kind of driver/person you are.

Thinking about coppin a new m3 with 20" Lms and remote res. shocks again but would have to lease since I don't plan on owning anymore bmws out of warranty (lease rates currently are terrible bc of residuals).

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What size wheels do you have?

I thought about the potenzas, but didn't follow through, although I might next time..

The RE-11s will wear even faster than the PS2s. They have more grip, but that's the price you pay.

--Andre

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads