• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cars on the Street in Tokyo

Mustapha

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
The Porsche 928 is still a nice looking car.
inlove.gif

I remember the hype and excitement when the 928 appeared in 1978 or so. It was HUGE. All the automotive writers wrote about no more air-cooled silliness/breakaway rear at cornering limits, etc.

The lucky driver accessorized with the Full Disco with moustache. It was awesome to see these guys in our downtown. The original owners would be about what - 70 years old now. Probably driving an Audi A8 today. O
blush.gif
r a Buick.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
I agree,

Throw in some old T-birds, Shelby's, Road Runners, and a 57 Corvette or two...you would absolutely be assured to make some money.

worst example I saw was last year, blue 80s "Buttrock" (IROC) Camaro, being driven around Naka-Meguro.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
I didn't completely skip it, but I should have gotten a shot of the front too. It's a 12!

xjs.jpg

Better?

Hey, cool! I can actually say thanks for taking a picture of my car. The SL55 AMG is sweet (though a 65 would be way cooler). Like the older SL behind the new Jag XK also. Unbelieveble thread.

Thanks for the replies on the mirrors. I like a hint of my rear quarter as well.

Regards,
Huntsman

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
worst example I saw was last year, blue 80s "Buttrock" (IROC) Camaro, being driven around Naka-Meguro.
lol....did he have the t-tops?

I'll admit, back in the day (the 80's) I use to want one, along with the 84-87 Nissan 300zx's.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mustapha
I remember the hype and excitement when the 928 appeared in 1978 or so. It was HUGE. All the automotive writers wrote about no more air-cooled silliness/breakaway rear at cornering limits, etc.

The lucky driver accessorized with the Full Disco with moustache. It was awesome to see these guys in our downtown. The original owners would be about what - 70 years old now. Probably driving an Audi A8 today. O
blush.gif
r a Buick.

Yeah,

The 928 was always ahead of it's time, which is probably the primary reason as to why a 1995 928 looks just as sleek as the majority of the cars designed today.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When it comes to nice cars, Tokyo has nothing on Palm Beach county. Except for that 507. That one is special. But I've seen all the rest and then some (well, everything that they sell here, except the Veryron) around here in the past few weeks alone.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The 928 is a great car. As a child I was impressed i.e. by his Frog eye headlamps.

I also remember the "hype" around the Z1. It was one of the first cars(I remember), where you had to sign the contract without knowing how the car would look like in the final.

Not so exclusive like the XJ 220, but anyhow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads