1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cars: Narrowing it down

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by itsstillmatt, May 20, 2006.

1. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I am now down to a Cayman or a Range Rover Sport for my new car. Please advise on these.

Thanks.

2. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

I am now down to a Cayman or a Range Rover Sport for my new car. Please advise on these.

Thanks.

Which Cayman trim line would you go with? IMO the V6 base model is nothing special at all, but the S or the Turbo are good choices.

The Range Rover Sport is supercharged, correct?

3. itsstillmatt

Which Cayman trim line would you go with? IMO the V6 base model is nothing special at all, but the S or the Turbo are good choices.

The Range Rover Sport is supercharged, correct?

I think that you are thinking of the Cayanne. The Cayman is a newer 2-seater.

RR Sport comes both supercharged and not. I am thinking not as I don't know why I need a supercharged RR.

4. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

I think that you are thinking of the Cayanne. The Cayman is a newer 2-seater.

RR Sport comes both supercharged and not. I am thinking not as I don't know why I need a supercharged RR.

Oops, totally got them mixed up.

Quite a difference between an SUV and a sports car. What car do you currently own?

5. itsstillmatt

We have a Volo S60R, and just got rid of our Land Rover. My wife and I are trying to decide whether the VOlvo is the big car or the small car. I guess it is sort of a lifestyle decision rather than which car is better.

6. chrysalid

chrysalid Senior Member

personally, if i had the money to buy a rr sport (which i don't), i'd just pick up a rr instead (maye a bit secondhand). the sport is just horrible to look at, like a rr pastiche of an X5, crappy plasticky elasticky. given the choiuce 'twixt the two, cayman all the way, as a brit i feel it is my duty to say please, please, please don't buy british......it will break.

7. Full Canvas

Full Canvas Distinguished Member

I am now down to a Cayman or a Range Rover Sport for my new car. Please advise on these. Thanks.

One of each might just be nice! However, your final apples and oranges decision will be interesting to see. Personally, we already have an American made SUV as the runabout and workhorse. The reliability issues with the Range Rover are somewhat known. The Cayman's reliability remains a question yet.

I just drove the Cayman S on Thursday. Likely, when we return home in late Summer, a Cayman S will show up in our garage. We haven't had a big car like the Cayman for quite some time. All of our current sports or GT cars are smaller.

We don't need another car. But, some of us don't need any more shoes either!

Here are some interesting points of view and opinions:

Range Rover: http://www.autoblog.com/2006/02/22/2...log-garage-da/

Cayman S: http://fifthgear.five.tv/jsp/5gmain....section=&show=

Cayman RS http://sports.autoblog.com/2006/05/1...-in-the-works/

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

I went on the RR offroad experience, which was very fun, and it was very interesting and impressive what the HSE can do off-road.

They're just such different cars, it's really hard to advise. I'd get the Cayman, but I don't know if you need it to haul stuff.

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

It's British Car Week soon. Where is your pride of Britannia?

10. whnay.

whnay. Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Just drove the Cayman this past weekend, lovely car. It'd be my choice of the two...

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Stylish Dinosaur

Accept no substitute.

Jon.

12. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

Be a trend setter. Ride a horse.

13. Aureus

Aureus Senior Member

Thanks.

Figure out which lifestyle you want. Both cars are excellent examples of what they are.

14. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

Don't have a lifestyle. Have a life.

15. CTGuy

CTGuy Made Guy

I really like both cars and I would be extremely pleased to own either one.

That said, I think the RR has become somewhat of an ubiquotous status symbol. If you plan to do offroading or a lot of outdoor activity then obviously the best vehicle available IMHO.

My choice would be the Cayman. Only downside is that the car is in the first year of production when commonly most vehicles have their most flaws/recalls/etc. May want to put off buying for another year if this is your choice so that any kinks are worked out.