• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carrots

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, I have to say it. If your carrots look like this:

baby_carrots.jpg

They are nasty, tasteless, rabbit turds.

I cooked with a girl on Friday night and stupid me I actually peeled and cut whole carrots and she was shocked. She loved them. It was like she did not know what carrots tasted like.

I rarely get those little bagged carrots and the only thing that makes them tolerable is an unhealthy amount of ranch dressing.

I am shocked people cannot cut their own carrots anymore.
frown.gif

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I am saying is buy one carrot from Whole Foods or a pound of carrots at the Super Food Mart and peel them, cut them and eat them. The difference is amazing. Those little things have no taste next to the little mass produced ones. IMHO.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, I peel like two pounds and they last a while. I have taken them to work before in a baggie.

BTW, I also put sliced carrots in my red sauce. I heard it is supposed to tone down the acidity.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
oh i know. but sometimes out of inconvenience i can put up with it as they kind of look at me weird if i am peeling carrots in the office kitchen
smile.gif

Dude, I keep a bone china service for two at work, with silverware and glassware. They look at me funny too, but so what? When we have office potlucks, I bring baby beef wellingtons and they stop looking at me funny. ~ H

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and buy organic carrots. They taste better.

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't rinse or peel my carrots. I even eat the dirty bit at the end. I have no mutations yet
biggrin.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm also a fan of freshly squeezed carrot juice.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Organic carrots really do taste better.

At cooking school, they are really fanatical about peeling. I still sometimes do roasted carrots without peeling, I think it gives them a more rustic taste and look.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dudes. +1 on organic carrots actually tasting like....carrots.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mother made some amazing carrots the other night. Oh man. Sauteed with a little bit of butter, a dash of sugar, dash of nutmeg, and cinnamon. Unreal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads