• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL

coldknife

Reaction score
Feels like the sizing on dead end jeans are honestly a headache to deal with.

My KIT-RTC (well worn) jeans are a 46 and the measurements of the waist laid flat is approx. 41cm. However on KIT-D (brand new) jeans a size 48 laid flat could be 39 cm. Do KIT-D stretch like crazy? Or is the sizing just ridiculously inconsistent?

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
inconsistent

the KIT-D fit a whole size small
the KIT-RTC and KIT-BW fit TTS

Kit D doesn't stretch much, and the cut of that model is pretty unforgiving

coldknife

Reaction score
How do you guys generally clean/condition your CCP leathers? I've never handled Kangaroo or Horse before and usually I just Lexol my Rick leathers (all of which were calf/lamb).

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you guys generally clean/condition your CCP leathers? I've never handled Kangaroo or Horse before and usually I just Lexol my Rick leathers (all of which were calf/lamb).
I would strongly recommend against treating them at all. If you need to clean them, just spot clean them. Leather jackets otherwise don't really need much care. Putting something like lexol on a CCP jacket, where the treatments are a big part of the character of the leather, seems like the wrong way to go.

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would strongly recommend against treating them at all. If you need to clean them, just spot clean them. Leather jackets otherwise don't really need much care. Putting something like lexol on a CCP jacket, where the treatments are a big part of the character of the leather, seems like the wrong way to go.
Doesn’t this significantly shorten the life of your leathers?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t this significantly shorten the life of your leathers?
No, I mean, unless you live in an extreme dry climate and the jacket is in the sun all day, a jacket like my CCP scarstitch, which is pretty much inpregnated with oils, doesn't need to be conditioned for a great number of years.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
but what if I’m a terminally online style farmer who only wears my jacket for waywt pics

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but what if I’m a terminally online style farmer who only wears my jacket for waywt pics
Congratulations. Your jacket should last you generations - leather jackets = the new Patek.a

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

could of sworn i read lexol somewhere but i would not recommend that, maybe try otter wax oil to condition it but do keep in mind it may change the "sheen" to the jacket and dull it down.

Do you have the booklet, i think it says something about that in there.

Reaction score
First time post here. Just wanted to share my CCP boots I have. One #19 in CUBS. the other #5 in GOLF. If I recall when I got the #5s at Maxfields years ago, the sales associate said these were made in Goat ? Leather. Anyone have insight if that’s the case?
B3344716-6768-4EF1-AECF-A72B3FC3AD3D.jpeg
9293950B-346B-4956-A8C0-1BEDD26F23B4.jpeg

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wow amazing
Never seen/heard of AM/2047, GOLF-PTC or color 5 before

Can you post more photos of the leather/sole/construction etc?

Reaction score
8105D002-A260-4E4F-95DD-B8345E6E5D19.jpeg
B1F1DC27-7E12-4A41-A148-E355AA7C1B1E.jpeg
B1F1DC27-7E12-4A41-A148-E355AA7C1B1E.jpeg

Sorry for the late post. Hope these pics help. Mind you I’ve owned this pair for ~ 13 years now. Probably only worn these on average 2-3 times a year. And until a few weeks ago, never walked out of the house in these for like 2 years.

Back in the day, I paired these really well with an olive green Cloak trench coat (when Phlokov & Gelderland were still a team) white shirt & dark denim jeans.

These are shorter (about mid-ankle) & a touch narrower last than the Goodyears I bought this year from PNP.
F3C18833-5D6B-430A-84D1-38E316AC58AA.jpeg

Reaction score
didn't know ccp used goat at any point, neat, boots look great.

why did you wear those only 2-3 per year? add some vibram and wear hard.
Hard to wear for a while with the pinch of the leather right around the toe. So only on special occasions lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads