1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by uzairh, Apr 22, 2014.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

those look fantastic

2. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  3. Setti

Setti New Member

Hello all styleforum members and CCP collectors.
    First post here so please bare with me if the topic has been/ or is in another thread already?!

It's about caring for your CCP leather and giving them the right conditioner and treatment.

First question is about tornadoes (black horse cordovan (LUC-PTC)). I've got recommended Saphir but would like to know if that is the best?
    - And if it is, which category, color, and cream? should I get from Saphir?

Second and last question for this time being is about CCP leather (Black Scarstitch and Hi-neck (CORS-PTC) Which care is the best to give these, I know they don't need it as often as the tornadoes but I like my leather jackets oiled and juicy and deep black?

Looking forward to all your answers.

Setti

4. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Saphir Renovateur works great for shoes. It's color neutral, but I'd test it out before using it on any colors other than black of grey (if you have the red boots or something, it'll darken them)

https://www.amazon.com/Saphir-Renovateur-Luxury-Leather-Care/dp/B002PLC60Y

For jackets, I've always used this:

https://www.hangerproject.com/saphir-nappa-leather-balm.html

It's one of the more delicate leather cremes. I used it on a CCP leather that was drying out and I got it back to a juicy deep black without altering the finish of the leather. Highly recommended.

1 person likes this.
  5. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT USE SAPHIR ON CCP it causes a dusting effect on ccp leather. looks odd.

try otter wax oil

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

[​IMG]

:drool:

2 people like this.
  7. tvontheradio

tvontheradio Senior member

So otter wax or Saphir? Any one have any before and after photos? My fencing could use some love.

Also here is God wearing Ccp

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

here is me asking about the saphir and dusting effect issue http://www.styleforum.net/t/228153/...hread-tutorials-photos-etc/16290#post_8015306

here are pics after otter wax oil
    steps:
    1. wipe down with wet cloth
    2. oil
    3. brush with horse hair brush until light shine, not too much shine of course

1 person likes this.
  9. tvontheradio

tvontheradio Senior member

Thanks sinnedk! But have you tried it on your Ccp leather jacket?

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

have not sadly, but i imagine same dye and etc is used so that dusting effect may happen. if you open the little booklet i believe it even states to use something like Lexol for the leather...

do some more research and ask around more before doing anything. just please don't use saphir, i already took that hit and showed you the effects.

11. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Hard to tell, but this is before and after of using Saphir on a CCP leather. Really brought back the "juicyness" and luster

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  12. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

right because saphir has some wax in it. which when worn and creasing happens will cause a dusting effect. this effect maybe less prominent on a jacket but take a look at your inner elbow area of the jacket after you wear it sometime there should be some dusting since thats the area that constantly bends as you move your arms.

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Is the consensus that CORS is the best option for a high neck or scarstitch.

14. nyarkies

nyarkies Senior member

If you want smooth leather, yes. Otherwise, I think bison is ok too. Kangaroo might be too thin.

1 person likes this.
  15. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

Buying multiple leathers in roo next year :nodding:

Okay, maybe just one but roo for warmer climates.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    2 people like this.
  16. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

thanks man, i didnt think about bison, that would be pretty neat....

17. ddohnggo

ddohnggo Senior member

i have a size 48 ccp bison high neck in color ptc-19 [dark grey] for sale if you're interested.

18. nyarkies

nyarkies Senior member

Surprised that is still around. Would have kopped if it didn't have the funky scent like the new ones.

19. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

appreciate it but i was asking for a friend... someday

20. Setti

Setti New Member

Dear nicelynice and sinnedk,

Thank you both for helping me out here and sorry for the late reply but I recently lost a good friend so I haven't been around these corners for awhile.

nicelynine your 'before' and 'after' pics looks good and those links are nice to have but after reading your answer sinnedk, I'm just more confused right now? After this post I will go back and read your thread carefully and see if I can find the answers I'm looking for there.

*Jesus this is a tricky jungle to walk around in and I've had a lot of different creams throughout the years but non of it did it for me so hopefully I will track down the perfect care this time.

All other inputs are more than welcome.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sinnedk, about your friend as his question about 'the best' ccp leather for scar and hi-neck I think it is a matter of taste and look. Personally I don't like any of the kangaroo jackets in that category that I've seen. All looks like paper and the fit seems out of proportion. Bison is a lot better and if he's looking for a more heavy and thick look he should definitely get that. I also think bison leather ages very beautifully. But for me there is really no doubt, cors is the core for me. The leather is just so fantastic and comfortable to wear. - Thicker than kangaroo and thinner than bison - the perfect leather wave for me! I have the standard cors-ptc hi-neck, a gloved cors-ptc hi-neck and the cors-ptc scarstitch - all in deep black horse leather - and I love them all!

To all styleforum members - may you have a wonderful weekend!
    Setti

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016