1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by uzairh, Apr 22, 2014.

1. sepp

sepp Senior Member

How does it look after the drips have worn down?

Do you still get the slight 2 tone color between the rubber drips and leather area?

2. nyarkies

nyarkies Senior Member

I can try that but I do remember skeen trying that but to no avail. He did mention spraying some lemon juice but I'm a bit reluctant doing that. That's good yours doesn't smell like this. How's the leather on yours though? Is it softer as well?

3. skeen7908

skeen7908 Distinguished Member

Dilute lemon juice worked brilliantly - got rid of the fish smell completely
    Leather is still soft and oily

I tried it first on the inside placket because i was worried it might dry it out
    Then was still paranoid, so did just one sleeve so I could directly compare the treated and untreated sides

Heres the science via blackfedora on SZ (hes a chemist I think. Hope he wont mind me sharing)

1) In the case of a fish's smell which is also a product of an amine like "1,2-phenylenediamine" that is in the CCP black dye, acid (citric acid = lemon juice) is added to the fish which neutralizea the amine, making it a salt and rendering it non-volatile and thus scentless. The same can in theory be done with the CCP jacket using either dilute lemon juice or vinegar, which are both acids and are fairly weak when diluted. The idea would be to quickly wipe down the jacket with a cloth wetted with one of the acids to help neutraluse the amines that are producing the stench. I have never tried this and do not know the ultimate effect on the leather. I know when I have gotten my CORS vest wet, it produced some salt residues which could be wiped of with a dry cloth, but no other problems.

2) Bring the jacket to a trusted dry cleaners and have it cleaned. The above mentioned scent generator,
    1,2-phenylenediamine, is an organic molecule that ought to be soluble in about half the dry cleaning solvents used in the industry. Probably soluble in alkylchlorides (chloroethylenes and family) and ester solvents, not so much in straight up hydrocarbon solvents. The jacket will likely need reconditioning afterwards as some of the oils in the leather will also be stripped by the cleaning agents. I have never tried this, but it is a feasible theory in my head.

I also put some of the juice in a spray bottle to spray the inside lining VERY lightly (mist setting)

Last edited: May 27, 2015

4. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

How "fishy" was the fish smell? Now I'm worried haha

5. skeen7908

Made it smell like someone had fried salmon in the closet

Pungent.

But the smell was easy to cure, Id be more worried about sizing. This 48 came out substantially larger than I expected based on my previous 46: old jacket fit small, this one is TTS maybe even slightly bigger

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Distinguished Member

Hope CCP is just pranking people now - pay $4000 to wait a year to receive a jacket that smells like a fish fry

7. GucciAmen

GucciAmen Active Member

After the drips have been worn down, the bottom has flattened out ridges; depending on what you walk on, the rubber on the outsoles becomes quite dirty (mine are /1=white).

Yes, there is a slight colour difference between the drip layer and the leather, the former is more of a cream white compared to the stark white on the upper. I highly recommend buying CCP footwear (or leathers for that matter) in lighter colours, white perhaps being the best, really shows off how "impressionable" the leather is (especially if it is roo) after some wear.

8. nyarkies

nyarkies Senior Member

Enough for other people to complain about it.

9. im eddie

im eddie Senior Member

10. Para

Para Senior Member

Yes we all know Sting and Seal enjoy wearing CCP. This is not new.

11. Jbravo

Jbravo Distinguished Member

Are those CCP drips though? They look similar but not identical. Especially the laces.

12. eton97

eton97 Senior Member

They are the u-sole version. The drip doesn't cover the entire toe cap like the standard sneakers. Just a small rim around the edge

Plus looks like he's either snapped the original laces or replaced them, and not threaded them through the tongue.

Last edited: May 29, 2015

13. skeen7908

14. m1kko

m1kko Well-Known Member

15. bdude

bdude Senior Member

^^ true and yet these examples or carols work make me happy he exists..