• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL

MISCHIEF NIGHT

Reaction score
I knew I needed a 56, but Carol literally said "we have the pattern for 56, but we don't want to make it"

Solid. :/

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trust me I hear what you guys are saying, I just had a particular look in mind and I'm kind of pissed its unobtanium for me lol

I remember there was someone saying at some point in this thread that you'd have to be a "monster" to be a 56, I suppose I'm a monster, but honestly I'm not all that big 6' 190lbs IDK.

IMHO this jacket is a 52 marked 54.
That's sorta crazy. I am 5'11" and close to 180 lbs, and I'm a 50 in the scarstitch, which is fitted, but feels good. There is definitely a lot of room through the body. And it's not like you have this insane V shape either, from your belt size. I'd be genuinely interested in knowing how you are built. I've tried on a size 52, and while the shoulders fit okay, the body was much too big and long...

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@MISCHIEF NIGHT i get what you are saying but completely makes no sense to drop everything if only one thing doesn’t fit well. If you ask me it seems like you are mad your jacket didn’t fit and can’t get one made that will fit so you want nothing to do with CCP. Is that the case?

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The leathers fit big
I can understand not being able to fit into the blazers because the armholes are ridiculously small
But I can't understand these average or large-ish sized guys who can't fit the leathers

46 is a good but tight fit for me in the leathers, but I need a 50 in the blazers
So by extension you'd take a 60 in the blazers? Mind blowing

I agree the scarstitch looks better a bit oversized though, so I get it if that's just not the fit you want

MISCHIEF NIGHT

Reaction score
That's sorta crazy. I am 5'11" and close to 180 lbs, and I'm a 50 in the scarstitch, which is fitted, but feels good. There is definitely a lot of room through the body. And it's not like you have this insane V shape either, from your belt size. I'd be genuinely interested in knowing how you are built. I've tried on a size 52, and while the shoulders fit okay, the body was much too big and long...

My chest circumference at the nip level is 46'' and my waist is 36'' when i zip the 54 closed i can't breathe haha.

@MISCHIEF NIGHT i get what you are saying but completely makes no sense to drop everything if only one thing doesn’t fit well. If you ask me it seems like you are mad your jacket didn’t fit and can’t get one made that will fit so you want nothing to do with CCP. Is that the case?

Not at all! In fact I just ordered a pair of noseam sneakers haha. Love CCP , in this case it was just a look I was going for, and since I can't do it I'm just selling the pieces so someone else can enjoy them. All of them are hard to find (in terms of size and features)

The leathers fit big
I can understand not being able to fit into the blazers because the armholes are ridiculously small
But I can't understand these average or large-ish sized guys who can't fit the leathers
46 is a good but tight fit for me in the leathers, but I need a 50 in the blazers
So by extension you'd take a 60 in the blazers? Mind blowing
I agree the scarstitch looks better a bit oversized though, so I get it if that's just not the fit you want

Technically it fits, but it's skin tight. I ride a motorcycle almost daily and usually live in my leather jackets, so it just doesnt work unfortunately. I can't tell you how depressed I was about it, after waiting years to be able to buy it, then almost 2 years to actually get it .

I typically fall in between L-XL for most brands, XXL for BBS for example. In a twist I had a CCP highneck years ago in 54 that fit fine, IDK.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My chest circumference at the nip level is 46'' and my waist is 36'' when i zip the 54 closed i can't breathe haha.

Wow. Huh. I am about a 41" chest and my hips (where I hang my jeans) is between 34 and 35, with 33 at my actual waist. And I'm only maybe 10-15 lbs lighter. Maybe I just carry a lot more in my legs? The only guy I know who might be similar to you is my jiujitsu coach/friend, and he has a 44" chest and really wide shoulders and really slim hips (wears a 32 in nearly all pants) with relatively slim legs (definitely smaller calves and quads than me).

I am scared of motorcycles. I grew up next door to a pro racer who was broken somewhere nearly all of the time, and more than one of my friends has suffered horrific accidents. So I just 'mirin from afar. My business partner (the other owner of Styleforum) rides Ducati Monsters though. Way too much adrenaline for me.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
46 inches at 6' 190?
That's kind of absurdly proportioned isn't it ?

Ronnie Coleman was 56inches at 340+ (Probably with a pump and flexing , so more like 52-54 normally )

Lebron James has a 46 inch chest just like you, and is heroically proportioned (despite being 9 inches taller)

So I'd say you're getting into monster territory bro lol

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
46 inches at 6' 190?

Ronnie Coleman was 56inches at 340+ (Probably with a pump and flexing , so more like 52-54 normally )

Lebron James has a 46 inch chest just like you, and is heroically proportioned (despite being 9 inches taller)

He probably should have requested the jackets in person. Much harder to say "no" when faced with someone who could possibly throw you over a 10' wall like you were an awkwardly shaped keg.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
46 inches at 6' 190?

hardly a monster, i'm 215 lbs with a 51" chest. anyway, ccp has no respect for time or the customer, both of my orders were 56 and 58 and both measured same as a 52. taking your life in ur hands when spending 5k on a jacket.

MISCHIEF NIGHT

Reaction score
Wow. Huh. I am about a 41" chest and my hips (where I hang my jeans) is between 34 and 35, with 33 at my actual waist. And I'm only maybe 10-15 lbs lighter. Maybe I just carry a lot more in my legs? The only guy I know who might be similar to you is my jiujitsu coach/friend, and he has a 44" chest and really wide shoulders and really slim hips (wears a 32 in nearly all pants) with relatively slim legs (definitely smaller calves and quads than me).

I am scared of motorcycles. I grew up next door to a pro racer who was broken somewhere nearly all of the time, and more than one of my friends has suffered horrific accidents. So I just 'mirin from afar. My business partner (the other owner of Styleforum) rides Ducati Monsters though. Way too much adrenaline for me.

I've been involved in sports and fighting since I was a kid, and have done one too many pushups I suppose ;) Yes bikes are dangerous to an extent, and I've had my scrapes, but I just can't live without it.

19933123_334633686958358_4808343229357359104_n.jpg

46 inches at 6' 190?

It's funny since most clothing I'm kind of in between large and x large, i have long arms and legs for my body shape, if I trim down to 5-8% body fat I'd weigh about 185lbs. It's funny how your own perception can be off sometimes, I just don't mentally have an image of myself as being a "big dude" but then I have a cousin who's an NFL lineman, so who knows...

He probably should have requested the jackets in person. Much harder to say "no" when faced with someone who could possibly throw you over a 10' wall like you were an awkwardly shaped keg.

LMFAO, but I'm totally a pacifist in my old age.

hardly a monster, i'm 215 lbs with a 51" chest. anyway, ccp has no respect for time or the customer, both of my orders were 56 and 58 and both measured same as a 52. taking your life in ur hands when spending 5k on a jacket.

Try BBS, great leather and finishes, high quality workmanship, and no problems making an XXL. I feel your pain hombre, seriously, I don't fit into anything on top.

MISCHIEF NIGHT

Reaction score
Should also add a note that it really depends on the fit you prefer. Some folks want their clothing to be skin tight, form fitted. I'm just not one of those folks. The chest circumference of the scarstitch is probably exactly 46'' maybe just shy of 46'' so it just doesn't work for me.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been involved in sports and fighting since I was a kid, and have done one too many pushups I suppose ;) Yes bikes are dangerous to an extent, and I've had my scrapes, but I just can't live without it.

View attachment 964727

It's funny since most clothing I'm kind of in between large and x large, i have long arms and legs for my body shape, if I trim down to 5-8% body fat I'd weigh about 185lbs. It's funny how your own perception can be off sometimes, I just don't mentally have an image of myself as being a "big dude" but then I have a cousin who's an NFL lineman, so who knows...

LMFAO, but I'm totally a pacifist in my old age.

Try BBS, great leather and finishes, high quality workmanship, and no problems making an XXL. I feel your pain hombre, seriously, I don't fit into anything on top.
was a long ago mistake to order from ccp i just stick with rick now

DeadBoy

Reaction score
So I usually size down on leathers. Should I do that for a scarstitch, or go my true size? Does cors stretch?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I usually size down on leathers. Should I do that for a scarstitch, or go my true size? Does cors stretch?
What leathers do you size down on? I only need to size down on aero, which are seriously large for the given size. The scarstitch is much more fitted around the arms and shoulders. There is no way I could size down in the scarstitch. TTS 50Eu is fitted on me ( there are pictures of that here) and a size lower would simply not fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads