• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carmina Split Toe Blucher in Brown Museum Calf.

striker

Reaction score
Dear all, I'd like to propose a GMTO Split Toe Carmina.

Make/ Model:

(Photo Sourced from Epaulet)

Last: Simpson. (I'd be open to the Alcudia or Uetam last as well, those are round toe lasts)

Leather: Brown Musuem Calf or Brown French Box Calf (Based on belt off Carmina website), majority decides.

Lining: Blue/ Green

Sole: Single Leather Sole or Double Leather Sole, majority decides.

Pricing: If direct from Carmina, it will be Ex Vat Euro307. Shipping should be at prevailing rate/ included in price if there is a promotion for free shipping. As there are some of us who already have MTOs coming from Skoaktiebolaget, that would be an option as well and the price ex VAT should be SEK2880. They ship free for orders above SEK8000 if you wish to combine with their in stock items or your own MTO shoes.

I have submitted this to Carmina but decided to post here for more traction. I will need another 5 person.

Last edited:

hiver

Reaction score
I would like to be a part of this, but am completely unfamiliar with Carmina sizing and lasts. I use size 10 in Meermin (lasts Hiro, Elton and New Ray) can that be translated to a Carmina size?

Also, I would prefer these in as narrow a last as possible (Think New Ray from Meermin). Are any of the ones you mention relatively narrow?

Thanks, Mads

striker

Reaction score
The simpson last from Carmina is one of its narrowest last they have. I've been told that it fits similar to the new rey last.

The Uetam last is a loafer like last that fits snug too.

hiver

Reaction score

The simpson last from Carmina is one of its narrowest last they have. I've been told that it fits similar to the new rey last.

The Uetam last is a loafer like last that fits snug too.

Sounds great. I'm in - will investigate sizing.

aneuhauser

Reaction score
I am in as well. Any chance we can get measurements for a Euro 43 on that last? I am usually between a 42.5 and a 43.

aneuhauser

Reaction score
If given a choice would prefer Uetam last, I think the round toe would fit the design better...

esteban

Reaction score
I'm in but need help with sizing. Am size 8 in Alden Barrie last

striker

Reaction score
I'm in but need help with sizing. Am size 8 in Alden Barrie last
Is it the normal width? I would go down a half size and take a 7.5UK in the simpson and uetam last. I'll let others chime in.

striker

Reaction score
It is not over yet. I am unfortunately going to bow out but i will still continue to administer this. If anyone has questions, post here or PM me and I will help to the best of my abilities.

Right now, based on indicated interest, stands at 4. We need two more, confirm the total firm number of participants & emails and I will send this to Skoak to put up a GMTO link once we reach 6 confirmed interest.

Thanks again.

maxwu822

Reaction score

It is not over yet. I am unfortunately going to bow out but i will still continue to administer this. If anyone has questions, post here or PM me and I will help to the best of my abilities.

Right now, based on indicated interest, stands at 4. We need two more, confirm the total firm number of participants & emails and I will send this to Skoak to put up a GMTO link once we reach 6 confirmed interest.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the information. Please count me in if it really happen. Thanks

striker

Reaction score
THose who have indicated their interest, please let know if you prefer the Uetam last or the simpson last. Several recent split toe GMTOs have been on the simpson last and they also look good, although a round last would be more of a traditional match.

aneuhauser (uetam preferred)
esteban
hiver
maxwu822

striker

Reaction score
I am bumping this up to see if it gets done before Carmina's planned price increase.

hiver

Reaction score
I prefer the Simpson last.

BTW - is the price increase decided and described somewhere?

Thanks

vlxvndr

Reaction score
I'm interested in this. Would prefer the french box calf that matches the belt over the museum brown calf. I don't know too much about the lasts but I think Alcudia would be interested with its almond shaped round toe. I'd be open to whatever option though.

@striker , I also have the same question as hiver.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads