Carmina shoes now in Sweden

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Melvin Udall, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Melvin Udall

Melvin Udall Well-Known Member

Carmina is now available in Stockholm, Sweden at Paul and Friends / NK. Paul and Friends also sells Trickers, many original models. They had four models one pair of each size but unfortunately nothing bigger than UK 10.5. I went there today and they look good at that price-point. The Forest last look more elegant than expected, a little higher but still quite sleek while I found the Inca a bit too pointy and symmetrical, the Robert last looks a little old school as intended. Compared to C&J prices in Sweden prices were unusually reasonable.

The models were, as I recall:
    * Plain derby, Whiskey cordovan, Robert last, ca 5500 sek
    * Two different full brouges one white/tan calf spectator and one brown suede, Forest last, ca 3500 sek
    * Double monkstraps, cognac calf leather, Inca last, somewhere around 3600-3900 sek (don't remember)

Unfortunately I forgot to snap any pictures, maybe another time. Sorry!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012

2. doughie

doughie Well-Known Member

3. Uunottaja

Uunottaja Senior member

Wish they got those double monks the Armoury has. That would make me take the love boat and visit you guys.

4. Melvin Udall

Melvin Udall Well-Known Member

The Armoury got several different double monks, at least one on the inca last.

I think the ones in-store were identical with the double monk straps in the Carmina web store.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012