• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the sizing recommendation on the Inca last ? Robert last is perfect fit for me in 8.5 UK and Forest just a hint tight in the same size. Can’t do rain due to high instep ...

Those Blue Shell Monks look so hot ...

Can’t figure out how I ll pair them at work though lol ..

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my Amaretto order today, but unfortunately now have to deal with my first Carmina QC issue. There is a large, deep scratch on one shoe, and a smaller but still noticeable scratch on the other. Email sent, not sure what happens from here.
I’ve had the odd issue in the past. They’ve always fixed the issue to my satisfaction. I’m sure they’ll work with you to fix the issue. But it is frustrating when it happens, especially if it involves a remake.

gld edmond

Reaction score
I’ve had the odd issue in the past. They’ve always fixed the issue to my satisfaction. I’m sure they’ll work with you to fix the issue. But it is frustrating when it happens, especially if it involves a remake.
I love Carmina's shoes, but I have been told I was getting a credit for some shipping charges from earlier this year. I have been back and forth on this with them probably three times (including last Friday), I finally have given up. I still ordered some shoes though:)

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Carmina's shoes, but I have been told I was getting a credit for some shipping charges from earlier this year. I have been back and forth on this with them probably three times (including last Friday), I finally have given up. I still ordered some shoes though:)
I’m surprised but don’t doubt what you say. Have you dropped Sara a message via this forum?

Meelypops

Reaction score
Received my Amaretto order today, but unfortunately now have to deal with my first Carmina QC issue. There is a large, deep scratch on one shoe, and a smaller but still noticeable scratch on the other. Email sent, not sure what happens from here.
Received my MTO and its entirely the wrong leather....

CS response is that the artisans will inspect it, so there's that.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage out in the wild.

bearspoke

Reaction score
Hi all! I received my MTO order and was suprised to find that the shoe trees I had ordered were not included. I figured I'd give the fancy new beechwood trees a try on my MTO order from a couple of months back. I reached out to Carmina but for an update but I'm guessing they're a little slammed with the BF/CM events. Has anyone else received their beechwood tree order?

surrender

Reaction score
Do Carmina typically ship their US orders from Spain? I ordered both of my pairs from the outlet section and they're both coming from Palma de Mallorca.

Justsole

Reaction score
I own all shell* and it's easy so easy to care for.

My for longevity plan.

-If not dirty and has been treated with cordovan cream within the past 6 months just a brush is all that is needed.
-Same as above but dirty, damp cloth to take off dirt then brush.
-Every 6 months regardless of anything, clean with damp cloth if needed, then hit with Saphir renovateur, brush, then hit with clear or color (depending on shoe color) Saphir cordovan cream, then brush.
-If something goes crazy like caught in bad rain, snow, mud, something that get the shoes wet or dirty clean with damp cloth let dry then do the 6 month above.

Notes IMO I have never found the need to brush like crazy I find only a few min yields the same results as longer so I go with a few min max.

Honestly the above is probably overkill as shell is extremely durable. But we have all seen those 20+ year old shell shoes on ebay with cracks (calf too all leather drys out). So since I plan to keep my shoes for the rest of my life and pass to my son I take preventative care.

I have also found that many of the care products have the same or almost the same ingredients so I don't think there is much difference in particular brands even products within the same brand.

Example: Saphir Renovateur or "blue Line" is basically the same, as Saphir Medaille d'Or Renovator. The difference is Renovateur uses beeswax and carnauba whereas Saphir Medaille d'Or Renovator has uses beeswax. I used both products and can not tell them apart, if used under polish then you definitely will not notice at all. If using alone then the difference is incontestable and does not warrant at 13 cents an ml extra. You basically get the same product for 19 cents an ml versus 32 an ml. Like many brands one drop of X call it premium and you can charge more as someone will pay the extra cash thinking it is better.

Anyways as always Opinions vary widely so as long as you are doing some form of care you should be fine.

*Ok my slippers are suede but my sneakers are Carmina shell!

Thanks for sharing. How about using the deerbone, or spoon? Is that part of your routine?

stijn

Reaction score
Hi all! I received my MTO order and was suprised to find that the shoe trees I had ordered were not included. I figured I'd give the fancy new beechwood trees a try on my MTO order from a couple of months back. I reached out to Carmina but for an update but I'm guessing they're a little slammed with the BF/CM events. Has anyone else received their beechwood tree order?

I think Sara mentioned last week or so that they are switching from suppliers and that's the reason why they're missing. I thought that was the reason.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. How about using the deerbone, or spoon? Is that part of your routine?

Speaking of shell care... does anyone happen to know what Carmina applies to the shell? I recently did a full refurb on my amaretto pair for the first time and noticed some differences in how they handled getting wet. Previously, they would spot a bit but were, in general, semi impervious to absorbing water.

Post cleaning and conditioning they seem more prone to absorbing water but possibly less prone to spotting (a little early to say with much conviction). This seems counterintuitive, which is why I mention it.

This was following a thorough wipe down with a wet microfiber, followed by a bick 4 application. I typically also will use a thin coat of VSC but I need to reorder some.

Anyway, just curious. Whatever treatment they use, I like it. The sheen vaguely reminds me of VSC.

gld edmond

Reaction score
I’m surprised but don’t doubt what you say. Have you dropped Sara a message via this forum?
I did message someone from Carmina on this forum in June, they said it would get taken care of, but nothing happened

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads