• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Voted. Not too sure about the last. Seems like Forest or something could work but I'm not familiar with the various small last differences for boots without seeing them.
I voted for Oscar, but hopefully we can each customize and puck a last, at least for the special SF GMTO

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I voted Forest, I think it's good for a sorta-dressy sorta-casual type boot.

Trakl

Reaction score
80791-3.png
This one for me (labelled option 3 on the vote).
+1

Last edited:

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Encouraging everyone to vote for the Forest last. I know this is a very subjective thing because fit is inherently individualized, but the Forest last, of all my shoes and boots, is the most perfectly balanced last.

JoeBlack0

Reaction score
Does Carmina have hatchgrain?
Yes it does but you have to ask for it in the notes section of a MTO pair. You can see my boots in black hatchgrain in this post.
Hi fellow carminiers, my MTO zip boots arrived yesterday and I thought some of you would be interest in the style since it's not what you typically see from Carmina. I wanted some rugged boots I could wear casually with jeans and I really like how these turned out.
Model 10087, Oscar last and black hatch grain leather from horween.
View attachment 1275463 View attachment 1275459 View attachment 1275460 View attachment 1275462 View attachment 1275461

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Carmina have hatchgrain?
Would love to know as well, i.e. whether Carmina can source hatchgrain relatively easily and in a variety of colors.

Gentlman's footwear did a special makeup in brown hatch grain

Trakl

Reaction score
Carmina_Last_Boga_80277.jpg
@Carmina
I'm curious if there are more examples of shoes/boots on the Boga last?
This is the only image I can find of a shoe/boot on this last.
Does any one here own a shoe/boot on this last, or have any info about it?

konig

Reaction score
I think there are plenty of Galway clones at different price points these days from Vass, EB, L&T. I would prefer the first or last model that Carmina posted. The heel counter is enough to set these boots apart.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love to know as well, i.e. whether Carmina can source hatchgrain relatively easily and in a variety of colors.

Gentlman's footwear did a special makeup in brown hatch grain

I enquired about hatch grain last week. Unfortunately, they don’t currently have any. What would awesome would be Russian hatch grain.

Trakl

Reaction score
Yes it does but you have to ask for it in the notes section of a MTO pair. You can see my boots in black hatchgrain in this post.
I was recently told directly by Carmina that they prefer not to use hatch grain anymore as they find it a very difficult leather to work with.
Not sure exactly what makes it so difficult to work with, if any one here has any insights I'd be interested to know.
I would love to have boots made with Horween Russia/Hatch Grain Bull Rush.
Horween Russia Hatch Grain Bull rush.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads