• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
@Carmina this diagram shows the forest and rain being half a size or more smaller than the soller. Is that right?

to others who have these three lasts, what has been your experience? I have only the Inca and soller now; both fit pretty well, although the Inca feels roomier to me. The soller can be a tiny bit low in the toe box. I would like to purchase some direct and rain shoes though and I am wondering if I should go up in size?

papa kot

Reaction score
@Carmina this diagram shows the forest and rain being half a size or more smaller than the soller. Is that right? View attachment 1284718

to others who have these three lasts, what has been your experience? I have only the Inca and soller now; both fit pretty well, although the Inca feels roomier to me. The soller can be a tiny bit low in the toe box. I would like to purchase some direct and rain shoes though and I am wondering if I should go up in size?

My experience is close to what the diagram shows.

My first Carmina boots were in 10EEE. The width was good but there was some extra volume in a few places so the fit was not 100% to my standard. Sold the boots to another lucky forum member.

Purchased my second and third Carmina wonders. Shoes in Inca and Boots in Soller. Both in 10EE. Both fit well, better than 10EEE in Rain and hence are keepers. The shoes and the boots required some break-in, but overall the fit is good width-wise. There are no extra volume spots as in 10EEE Rain.

By the way, I also have Alden Indy boots (Truebalance) in 10.5E and Cordovan Chukkas in 10EEE. My Aldens fit with a bit more room, but overall Carmina provides a better package in terms of look, feel, and fit.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Carmina any chance of a comparison between rain and soller?

@Carmina
I would add Forest and Inca to that also if you could, so a comparison of the Forest, Rain, Inca and Soller. All of the shoes/boots I have are in Soller and Inca and I am wondering if I would need to go up half a size in the Forest or Rain

In an earlier post, you also mentioned a "country sole" and I was wondering what that was? I am hoping to do a pair of NST boots in the future, and I was wondering if there are any sole options like a commando sole that are a little bit less beefy, i.e. shallower lugs, than the Tramuntana sole.

We can only make comparisons for two lasts a a time, Sorry.

This is an example of Carmina's country sole (lactae):

Vs. tramuntana

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Carmina this diagram shows the forest and rain being half a size or more smaller than the soller. Is that right? View attachment 1284718

Clients wearing the same size in Soller and Inca tend to go for that same size in Forest too. Nonetheless, maybe some other users might be able to give you some pointers.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. The soller look massive compared to rain. What’s the sizing advice? Size down half a size when going from rain to soller?

Just passing along the experience for my feet, YMMV,

if I had sized down from my UK8.5E rain size, no way they would have fit for me. As I mentioned, Soller are a little tight on me in the forefoot. For my feet, I need more room at the ball, so a Soller UK8.5EE, would be ideal for me.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just passing along the experience for my feet, YMMV,

if I had sized down from my UK8.5E rain size, no way they would have fit for me. As I mentioned, Soller are a little tight on me in the forefoot. For my feet, I need more room at the ball, so a Soller UK8.5EE, would be ideal for me.
Thanks for the info. I think the sketches can perhaps be a little deceiving. Good for general shape comparisons but that’s it.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, they are meant to be guides of the shape and styling. Nonetheless, sizing based on this can be risky..
Any chance of getting the length measurements for a rain and soller in size 9?

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We had a request a while back to show you the available sketches for a winged boot that resembled the "Calway".

As you know, we have a great archive of models that are both in the making or heritage from other generations. Amongst our selection we have found and polished four options.

We have decided to manufacture a new model which we will number as 80791. However, you all have the option of deciding which boot will be part of our collection.

Of course, we will also create a private GMTO for Styleforum users if you are interested.

80791 3.jpg 80791 4.jpg 80791 1.jpg 80791 2.jpg

Access this link to vote for your preferred model. Link

Rodolphe

Reaction score
@Carmina
-Can we have the comparison between Forest EEE and Oscar, please ?
-Do you have some pictures of boots or shoes with Chestnut Karangrein ?
-At last, I know that you have tan Karangrein but this choice isn't possible in the customise section of your website. What I have to do to select this Karangrein color for a next Custom order ?
Thanks !

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Carmina
-Can we have the comparison between Forest EEE and Oscar, please ?
-Do you have some pictures of boots or shoes with Chestnut Karangrein ?
-At last, I know that you have tan Karangrein but this choice isn't possible in the customise section of your website. What I have to do to select this Karangrein color for a next Custom order ?
Thanks !

Forest EEE vs Oscar last

We will have to check on the available shades for grain and Karagrain. Do you have a model or style in mind?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads