• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
I thought soller was an elongated last. They look normal length.

Ehhh, I don't know. They are maybe a little extended in the toe. I think people make a bit much of it. They're extended in the same kind of way as the C&J 341. In my opinion they fit and look relatively similar to each other.

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ehhh, I don't know. They are maybe a little extended in the toe. I think people make a bit much of it. They're extended in the same kind of way as the C&J 341. In my opinion they fit and look relatively similar to each other.
Oh! Interesting you mention 341. I have some loafers on this last. Are they similar? Do you take the same size? Thanks.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Oh! Interesting you mention 341. I have some loafers on this last. Are they similar? Do you take the same size? Thanks.

Yes, I take the same size. I think the soller fits me slightly better than the 341 but of all my shoes, the 341 seems closest to soller. Others may think otherwise.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Finally, my "last order" from the Kirby MTO arrived today! It took longer than anticipated due to the sneaker sole was out of stock.

Here it is, right out of the box.

80650 Sneaker. Black rusticalf + Tan rusticalf, and red laces. Soller last (because I want something more "sporty" and "sleek" than Calvia).

DSCF3343.jpg

Why this color combination though? Well, I actually modeled this one after my favorite dog, with his red collar.

DSCF3347-2.jpg

And here's the close up:

DSCF3364.jpg

While the waiting was long, but this definitely worths it :)

Last edited:

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I take the same size. I think the soller fits me slightly better than the 341 but of all my shoes, the 341 seems closest to soller. Others may think otherwise.
Which would you say is more generous?

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

I'm a little hesitant to answer since my two soller lasted pairs are essentially new. I'd say they are about the same. 341 has maybe a tiny bit more space but it's so close that I'm not sure I can really say that with confidence. For whatever reason, I found the harlech significantly more stiff on breakin but they are good now.

@stephenaf2003 what do you think?

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
@Carmina any chance of a comparison between rain and soller?

@Carmina
I would add Forest and Inca to that also if you could, so a comparison of the Forest, Rain, Inca and Soller. All of the shoes/boots I have are in Soller and Inca and I am wondering if I would need to go up half a size in the Forest or Rain

In an earlier post, you also mentioned a "country sole" and I was wondering what that was? I am hoping to do a pair of NST boots in the future, and I was wondering if there are any sole options like a commando sole that are a little bit less beefy, i.e. shallower lugs, than the Tramuntana sole.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally, my "last order" from the Kirby MTO arrived today! It took longer than anticipated due to the sneaker sole was out of stock.

Here it is, right out of the box.

80650 Sneaker. Black rusticalf + Tan rusticalf, and red laces. Soller last (because I want something more "sporty" and "sleek" than Calvia).

View attachment 1284352

Why this color combination though? Well, I actually modeled this one after my favorite dog, with his red collar.

View attachment 1284353

And here's the close up:

View attachment 1284356

While the waiting was long, but this definitely worths it :)

Nice makeup for sure. I also got the sneakers in rusticalf and I think it's perfect for them.

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
@stephenaf2003 you posted a picture of some forest last NST boots, I think in amaretto or other light she’ll, a couple of pages back. Would you mind providing the sole, welt, and edge details on those? Thanks

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@stephenaf2003 you posted a picture of some forest last NST boots, I think in amaretto or other light she’ll, a couple of pages back. Would you mind providing the sole, welt, and edge details on those? Thanks
Sure here are the full specs:

NORWEGIAN BOOTS 80488 (080488-999-0000-8M)
Skin and color Cordovan && Armagnac Cordovan Skin and color Cordovan && Armagnac Cordovan Skin and color Cordovan && Armagnac Cordovan lining Kid Leather && Violet Kid
Last and sole Forest && Rendenbach sole fabricacion Double sole && Chestnut edge Eyelets Vintage brass
hooks Vintage gold hooks
laces Brown Round braided shoe laces
Nominated & initials Without name neither initials
size UK 8.5
More Options Metal Toe Cap

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a little hesitant to answer since my two soller lasted pairs are essentially new. I'd say they are about the same. 341 has maybe a tiny bit more space but it's so close that I'm not sure I can really say that with confidence. For whatever reason, I found the harlech significantly more stiff on breakin but they are good now.

@stephenaf2003 what do you think?

The obvious caveat is that the likelihood anyones foot is like mine is, not very.

With that said, I do find the two lasts are very similar on my foot. However, I have a slightly widish fore foot, and for me the 341 hits those wide places a tiny touch better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads