• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Carmina I’m in for a boot but am traveling until Friday. Any way I can get a few more days? I’ll try to get it finished ASAP.

Guys - should I go with the NST or jumper boot? I’m torn. Thinking double leather soles with storm welt and polished gold/brass eyelets. Oscar or forest last?

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Carmina I’m in for a boot but am traveling until Friday. Any way I can get a few more days? I’ll try to get it finished ASAP.

Guys - should I go with the NST or jumper boot? I’m torn. Thinking double leather soles with storm welt and polished gold/brass eyelets. Oscar or forest last?

Oscar jumper imo

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oscar jumper imo

That’s my go to and lean as well. I’m considering the shorter shaft 80179 versus the 80184. That a mistake? Also, would double leather JR with a storm welt look okay together? I always struggle with these make ups because I’m a visual person and really prefer seeing the final look before ordering haha.

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s my go to and lean as well. I’m considering the shorter shaft 80179 versus the 80184. That a mistake? Also, would double leather JR with a storm welt look okay together? I always struggle with these make ups because I’m a visual person and really prefer seeing the final look before ordering haha.

I think it mostly depends on what you want the boot to be for, whether it's going to be more casual or formal. The most versatile model would be the shorter jumper, and my personal preference with that is the storm welt, then going JR leather sole keeps it a bit less casual than Dainite or the Victory. I'd suggest doing an all-eyelets jumper boot model though, like the 973. I think that model, brass eyelets, double leather sole with storm welt, and Oscar last would be killer.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it mostly depends on what you want the boot to be for, whether it's going to be more casual or formal. The most versatile model would be the shorter jumper, and my personal preference with that is the storm welt, then going JR leather sole keeps it a bit less casual than Dainite or the Victory. I'd suggest doing an all-eyelets jumper boot model though, like the 973. I think that model, brass eyelets, double leather sole with storm welt, and Oscar last would be killer.

That’s what I’m thinking. I’m going with that. I may do the wheeling on the storm welt though (46 HC). Appreciate it!

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm afraid I would have to offer any available slots to the wait-listed. Nonetheless, I can add you to the wait list just as we did with @jamesnyc. You would still have preference in our next colour 4 GMTO.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid I would have to offer any available slots to the wait-listed. Nonetheless, I can add you to the wait list just as we did with @jamesnyc. You would still have preference in our next colour 4 GMTO.
I’ll get it done today. No worries. Haha

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Update

Colour 4 Horween Cordovan GMTO,

These are the confirmed orders for the time being, please remember the GMTO will close today.

We will be offering the rest of the slots to the waitlisted users depending on stock availability.

1. @Vocans confirmed
2. @flylikeneagle confirmed
3. @CrashBurner confirmed
4. @budapest12 confirmed
5. @jamesnyc asked to be waitlisted
6. @stook1
7. @up1911fan
8. @ThinkDerm
9. @bootyboy confirmed
10. @huskiee
11. @Mr Clemsonconfirmed
12. @danadd94 confirmed
13. @p1yhRZks
14. @Blastwice confirmed

These are the wait-listed users, you will have preference in our next colour 4 GMTO.

@jamesnyc
@serbarristan
@Perfectcircles
@oskrusa
@dfgiop
@Charllesun
@montanasnipper
@rgweiser53
@moondog-sparky
@Thilgela
@mugenlove
@goalaso
@chocol8max
@etl
@AlucardX
@Shawnc
@lcdx22
@Churchill W
@George Red
@Gertoshav
@jctune
@Joe Schmoe
@neelp3
@Mothetgoo

konig

Reaction score
@Carmina I would like to be added to the #4 wait-list as well. Hopefully, Horween will be able to provide enough quantity to meet demand.

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
@Carmina other than the Jumper Boots and Chelsea boots that you’ve had as MTO groups, what other boots are available with the fur lining? Can you do the 80488 NST?

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing advice needed. I own a pair of full boruge on the Rain last that fits comfortably (semi brogue not so much) in size UK7.5 standard width. I also own a pair of suede Chelsea boots in size UK7.5 standard width on the Inca last.

A couple of years ago I owned a punched cap toe in size UK8 on the Simpson last and a pair of suede double monks in the same size and on the same last that I felt were a mis-fit. I sized up mainly because of the narrowness of the Simpson last, although I've never tried the last in size UK7.5. I just went with people's experience. The result was that I experienced some heel slippage with the double monks and sold them.

I'm willing to give the double monks another try, but am not sure which route to take. I love the look of the Simpson last. Could I fit a size UK7.5 on the Simpson (because suede/double monks are more forgiving than oxfords) or should I just give it up pick up a pair on the Rain or Inca last? Anyone else with a similar experience? Also, which of the three lasts (Simpson, Inca, Rain) looks best in a double monk set up in your opinion? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads